Meredith Boylan is a partner in the Fintech & Payments and Investigations & White Collar Defense practices, based in the Washington, D.C. office. She represents corporate and individual financial services clients in federal and state regulatory agency investigations and related litigation. She also regularly represents a variety of clients in complex business disputes in federal and state courts, as well as in private mediations and arbitrations. Ms. Boylan has presented appellate oral arguments before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, the New York Court of Appeals (New York State’s highest court), and the Appellate Division of the First Department (New York State’s intermediate appellate court for Manhattan and the Bronx).
Ms. Boylan previously served as an assistant district attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, where she prosecuted appeals involving complex and novel legal issues. She has also represented pro bono clients in matters involving immigration, special education, and veterans’ claims.
- The Legal 500, Government – Government Contracts, 2020
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2001
- Senior Articles Editor, Seton Hall Law Review
- Chancellor’s Scholar
- Colgate University, B.A. (cum laude with departmental honors), 1998
- Represented non-bank financial services providers in confidential federal regulatory agency and state attorney general investigations
- Participated as a member of a team advising an independent monitor appointed to oversee a global bank’s implementation of multi-billion-dollar consumer relief obligations under a DOJ RMBS settlement
- Defended former bank officers and directors in multiple matters that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency investigated and prosecuted
- Prosecuted and defended government contractor claims in complex disputes involving foreign subcontractors, before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and AAA’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- Represented a coal producer before the ICDR and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, in breach of contract disputes involving coal pricing
- Defended a large social welfare organization against class action lawsuits filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Assisted associations in responding to third-party subpoenas, and defending against actions in both federal and state courts
- Represented an individual client in complex probate matters before the D.C. Probate Court and D.C. Court of Appeals
- Member, D.C. Children’s Law Center Advisory Board