Rita Ghanem is an associate in the Energy & Infrastructure practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Rita’s practice focuses on project development & financings and includes advising both lenders and sponsors, leading financial institutions, U.S. government agencies, and multinational corporate clients in connection with project financings, as well as acquisition financings, of energy and renewables projects across the U.S., Latin America and Europe.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law J.D., 2016
- Cornell Law School LL.M, 2010
- Saint Joseph University LL. B, 2008
- AES the InterEnergy in connection with a $790 million senior secured credit facility provided by a syndicate of lenders arranged by Natixis and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, and an approximately $180 million secured credit mezzanine facility provided by an infrastructure debt fund, to finance the acquisition and construction of an approximately 670 MW combined cycle natural gas-fired power plant and two transmission lines, in Panama. The project was named "Power Deal of the Year – Latin America" (2021) by IJGlobal
- Advise BAI in the rollover of Mobilitie’s Investment’s $432 million of existing senior secured financings in connection with its acquisition by BAI, and Mobilitie Investment’s subsequent $640 million senior secured credit facilities
- Note purchasers and bank lenders on the Engie/Axium led consortium for the $580 million senior secured note issuance and $205 million senior secured credit facility for Georgetown Energy Partners LLC, an affiliate of Engie and Axium, the concessionaire for the long-term concession of the Georgetown University Utility System
- Note purchasers on a $107 million senior secured private placement for a CenTrio portfolio company with the concession to improve the energy utility systems Louisiana State University
- Mandated lead arrangers and lenders on the portfolio financing of a wind project (the "Copihue Portfolio") with a total installed capacity of 148.5 MW. The Copihue Portfolio is the third and final portfolio of the Andes Renovables Portfolio being developed by sponsor, Mainstream Renewable Power Limited following the successful closing of the Huemul and Cóndor Portfolios.
- DNB Bank ASA as administrative agent and the mandated lead arrangers, lenders and issuing banks on the approximately
- $543 million financing of a portfolio of three wind and two solar PV projects (the "Huemul Portfolio"), owned