Partner, Corporate Department
ChicagoPhone: 1(312) 499-6019
Amit Mehta is the Global Chair of the Paul Hastings Corporate Department and is a partner in the firm's Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisition practices.
Amit’s practice is focused on private equity and corporate transactions, restructuring and distressed transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, SPAC-related transaction and counseling boards and senior management on strategic business, corporate governance, financial, and transactional matters. He regularly represents companies in global acquisitions and dispositions and also in connection with distressed assets. In addition, he represents parties in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuance of representations and warranties insurance policies. Amit serves as general counsel for companies, including providing advice and assistance, with respect to general corporate matters and corporate governance.
He has a wide range of corporate finance experience, including venture capital and other private placement transactions and secured and subordinated financing transactions.
Clients describe Amit in Chambers USA, 2022 saying, “Amit provides exemplary work - balancing the challenges that come up throughout a deal with a commercial awareness to get to the finish line with our best interests still intact.”
- The Legal 500 USA, M&A: Large Deals $1Bn+ (2022)
- The Legal 500 USA, Private Equity Buyouts (2021-2022)
- Recognized as a leading lawyer by publications such as Chambers & Partners USA Guide, 2011 - 2022 (Band 2).
- J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Honors B.S., B.A., magna cum laude, from Saint Louis University.
- Represented The Riverside Company in connection with its acquisition of Siffron.
- Represented Pine Island Capital in connection with its acquisition of Precinmac Precision Machinery and Meggitt Training Systems.
- Represented HIG Capital in numerous transactions, including:
- Its acquisition and sale of Hart & Cooley;
- Its acquisition of Medusind;
- Its acquisition of Taconic Biosciences;
- Its acquisition and sale of WBB;
- Its acquisition and sale of AVI-SPL;
- Its acquisition and de-Spac of AdTheorent;
- Its acquisition of Fidelity Payment Systems;
- Its acquisition and sale of Constructive Media;
- Its acquisition of Salary.com;
- Its acquisition of Jackson Paper;
- Its acquisition of Accounting Seed;
- Its acquisition of GLD; and
- Its acquisition of myKaarma.
- Represented Hastings Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of Community Tree Service.
- Represented Furniture Brands International in its sale of assets via a 363 Bankruptcy Sale Process to KPS Capital Partners.
- Represented Extreme Plastics Plus in its sale of assets via a 363 Bankruptcy Sale Process to Blue Wolf Capital.
- Represented Porchlight Capital in connection with various private investments.
- Represented Skyline Global Partners in connection with various private investments.
- Represented AFI Partners in connection with:
- Its acquisition and sale of Waterloo Industries; and
- Its acquisition of Garsite Progress.
- Represented Bayside Capital in connection with:
- Its acquisition of JW Resources;
- Its acquisition and sale of Shapes Aluminum and Signature Canada; and
- Its sale of Pendum.
- Represented Cohere Capital in connection with
- Its acquisition of ClearScale;
- Its acquisition of Boostability;
- Its acquisition of Sonobi; and
- Its acquisition of IPromote.
- Represented Concentric Equity Partners in connection with various private equity investments.
- Represented Sagard in connection with various private equity investments.
- Represented WP Global Partners in connection with various minority and venture capital investments.
- Represented Endeavour Capital in connection with its acquisition of Neverblue Media.
- Represented TriplePoint Capital in connection with its investment from Wafra Capital.
- Represented General Catalyst Partners in connection with its investment in, and related acquisitions by, and sale of, CLEAResult Consulting.
- Represented Garrison Investment Partners in connection with:
- Its sale of Premier Trailer Leasing;
- Its asset acquisition of a supply chain management company;
- Its asset acquisition from Trans National Communications International; and
- Its merger of TNCI and Impact Telecom and subsequent sale.
- Director, Chicago Commons
- Member and Former Chair, Middle Market Open Board, benefiting the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois
- Member, Georgetown Law Alumni Council of Chicago
- Member, Turnaround Management Association