Andrew Lowndes is an associate in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
Mr. Lowndes’ practice focuses on U.K. and cross-border leveraged and acquisition finance and general corporate finance. He has experience acting for creditors and borrowers on a wide range of debt capital structures, including European super senior revolving credit facility, first and second lien loan financings, and unitranche financings.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Lowndes worked in the leveraged and general corporate finance department of an international law firm. He is admitted to practice in South Africa.
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown, Republic of South Africa, Bachelor of Laws, 2012
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown, Republic of South Africa, Bachelor of Commerce, 2010
- Advised PIK investors and SUN investors in respect of the privately placed PIK and SUN notes to finance of Advent International’s £2.67 billion acquisition of Ultra Plc.
- Advised Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Citibank as arrangers and underwriters in relation to the £2.5 billion first lien/second lien financing of Advent International’s public-to-private bid to acquire Cobham plc.
- Advised Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Intesa SanPaolo, J.P. Morgan, Jefferies, Morgan Stanley and Royal Bank of Canada in connection with a $1.6 billion equivalent financing package in relation to private equity firm Nordic Capital’s acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA Corp.
- Advised BofA Securities, J.P. Morgan, Standard Bank, ABSA, Barclays, Jefferies and Renaissance Capital as initial purchasers for $750 million of senior notes issued by HTA Group, Ltd, in connection with the refinancing of its existing senior notes and existing term loan. BofA Securities, J.P. Morgan and Standard Bank as arrangers on a $70 million revolving credit facility and Standard Bank as arranger on a $135 million term loan facility for HTA Group, Ltd.
- Advised Sixth Street in connection with various financings.
- Advised BlackRock in connection with various financings.
- Advised Carlyle Credit in connection with various financings.