Group Leader, Life Sciences Consulting Group
New YorkPhone: 1(212) 318-6505
Mr. D’Avella is the Life Science Consulting Group Leader, based in the New York office. For nearly 20 years, he has led complex teams in assisting global life science companies with program delivery related to compliance and regulatory risks. He possesses deep expertise in operationalizing risk management activities related to patient services, sales and marketing, market access, medical affairs, and clinical operations.
Mr. D’Avella has specialized in helping clients navigate complex enterprise-wide projects related to Commercial, Medical, and R&D operations and compliance, especially within the areas of Patient Services Compliance, Commercial/Market Access Compliance Program Design and Management, Clinical Program Management (including RWE study execution), Monitoring Program design and execution, Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) support, and Fair Market Value (FMV) assessments.
He has led the creation and development of technology-enabled services and data-enabled monitoring program execution and reporting tools.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. D’Avella was a senior member of Deloitte’s Life Sciences Advisory practice.
Mr. D’Avella provides advisory services and is not a licensed attorney.
- The Legal 500, Healthcare: Life Sciences (2021)
- Georgetown University, M.B.A.
- Princeton University, B.A.
- Oxford University, Said School of Business Summer Tutorial Program
- Genesis Park Global Leadership School, PwC, Washington, D.C.
- Led many compliance program assessments, including the largest and most comprehensive patient services compliance program and operating model design undertaken to date, in the face of a company CIA; program included the identification, design, and implementation of a comprehensive, enterprise-wide approach to patient services compliance and significantly enhanced the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s controls.
- Led multiple teams in creating both U.S. and global FMV models and assessing/creating standard operating procedures and training. Led training of business process owners on use of FMV models to determine standard operational rates and inform the budgeting and contracting process around the engagement of HCPs.
- Led multiple CIA implementation efforts, including monitoring program design, covered/ineligible persons screening, identification and training process design, certifications process design, contract management, needs assessment process design, and a policy and procedure gap assessment; led over 10 IRO projects as well.
- Councilman, Essex Fells Borough Council - Essex Fells, NJ
- Captain, Essex Fells Fire Department
- Treasurer, Essex Fells Fire Department Relief Association
- Trustee and Past President, Essex Fells Recreation Foundation
- Vice President, Fells Brook Club