Cameron Saylor is a partner in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. Mr. Saylor specializes in structured finance, securitization, asset backed lending and credit funds, with a focus on CLOs. Mr. Saylor advises the leading arrangers and managers on European CLO transactions, having recently advised clients such as Credit Suisse, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Pinebridge, Societe Generale, Oak Hill Advisors, Sculptor, ICG, Alcentra, Mackay Sheilds, Albacore, Bank of America, PGIM, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Citi, Barclays, Natixis, BNPP, Nomura, and Rothschild.
Mr. Saylor is an expert regarding European and U.S. risk retention, having advised on complex and novel compliance issues relevant to both U.S. and European CLO and other securitization transactions. He has spoken at various industry conferences and is regularly quoted in the industry press on matters concerning risk retention, Brexit, and other regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Saylor spent close to 10 years in the structured finance practice at other leading U.K. firms. He trained and worked as a lawyer in Canada prior to moving to London.
- Recommended for Structured Finance & Derivatives by Chambers UK 2020: ‘Cameron Saylor is "very approachable and patient," with "good knowledge of the market," sources report.’
- Named a ‘Leading Individual’ for Structured Products by Legal 500 UK 2020: "Excellent lawyers - innovative and inventive when it comes to solving problems, thoroughly commercial and acutely aware of market standards. They are also deeply dedicated to their clients and to delivering excellent service in all circumstances."
- University of Western Ontario (LLB)
- University of Waterloo (BaSC – Civil Engineering)
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- New York
- In 2019 Cameron advised managers and arrangers on 37 European CLO transactions and advised clients on European compliance issues with respect to dozens of U.S. CLOs.
- Cameron advised on the first transaction to price following the Brexit referendum in 2016, advising the clients on a structure to "Brexit proof" the transaction.
- Cameron has recently advised several first-time European CLO managers, and is currently advising the arranging banks on several transactions involving first-time European managers.
- Cameron also regularly advises both lenders and borrowers on asset backed lending facilities.