Of Counsel, Employment Law Department
New YorkPhone: 1(212) 318-6054
Carlos Torrejon is of counsel in the Employment Law Department of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Mr. Torrejon advises clients across various industries in all aspects of labor relations, with an emphasis on issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act. He represents employers before Regional offices of the National Labor Relations Board throughout the country and appears before Administrative Law Judges and the Board in unfair labor practice cases and representation proceedings. Mr. Torrejon acts as counsel and negotiator during collective bargaining and provides strategic labor relations advice during union organizing campaigns, strike preparation, and other bargaining disputes which arise in unionized settings.
Mr. Torrejon also counsels ownership groups and management companies during hotel acquisitions and transactions to protect all labor relations interests, and avoid and manage legal liabilities under federal, state and local law.
Mr. Torrejon is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Named to the 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, Labor and Employment Law – Management.
- Rutgers Law School -- Newark, J.D., 2014
- Rutgers University, B.A., 2011
- Successfully defended employer at the Administrative and Board level against unfair labor practice charges challenging its lawful withdrawal of union recognition.
- Overturned an NLRB Administrative Law Judge’s decision before the Board ruling an employer had not unlawfully ignored its bargaining obligation owed to a union representing a hotel workforce.
- Obtained the dismissal of an NLRB Complaint against a joint-employer before an Administrative Law Judge and the Board alleging that it had unlawfully discriminated against, and constructively discharged, certain employees.