Cassidy Bolt is an associate in the Employment Law Department of Paul Hastings. Her practice focuses on litigation and counseling on a wide range of labor and employment issues.
Ms. Bolt has worked with Fortune 500 companies in high-profile employment cases, ranging from emerging growth companies in the life science industries to established entities in entertainment and sports media.
Her litigation experience ranges from trade secrets matters; wrongful discharge, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims; allegations of negligence and invasion of privacy; and wage and hour class actions. On the transactional side, Ms. Bolt counsels clients on their employment agreements and policies; affirmative action plans; employee handbooks; traditional labor matters; and other compliance questions.
As a pro bono advocate, Ms. Bolt advises nonprofits and small businesses on their employment law concerns. She also has worked as a volunteer attorney on a variety of immigration and domestic violence matters.
Ms. Bolt received her J.D./LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from Duke University School of Law, where she served as a staff editor on the Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law. While in law school, Ms. Bolt worked for the World Bank’s Special Litigation Unit and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She also spent a summer working at a multinational law firm in Argentina.
Ms. Bolt earned her bachelor’s degree in International Studies and Economics at Duke University, where she was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Society. During this time, she spent a semester in Washington D.C. working at the Federal Trade Commission, and thereafter worked in the legal department of GUESS?, Inc.
Engagement & Publications
- Practice Tips for Employers Doing Business in California. American Employment Law Council. Authors: Elena Baca & Cassidy Bolt of Paul Hastings LLP, Sandra McCandless & Jessica Peterson of Dentons LLP. (October 2022)
- Hot-Button Provisions in Employee Agreements and Workplace Policies. Bender’s California Labor & Employment Bulletin. Authors: Brit K. Seifert, Cassidy R. Bolt, Geneva Cazares. (May 2022)
- Recent Developments in Employee Mobility, Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets 2022. (March 2022)
- Member of San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Member of California Bar Association