Christopher Erik Centrich is a partner in the Corporate Department at Paul Hastings and is based in the Firm’s Houston office. Mr. Centrich advises energy companies on M&A, public and private securities offerings, private equity financings, corporate finance transactions, securities law compliance and other general corporate matters.
Mr. Centrich has served as corporate outside counsel to a midstream master limited partnership, and several publicly traded upstream and oilfield services companies, guiding clients through a series of transactions and helping them achieve their business goals.
- The Legal 500 US, Capital Markets: High-yield debt offerings (2023)
- The Legal 500 US, Capital Markets: High-yield debt offerings: Advice to issuers (2022)
- Represented Genesis Energy, L.P. in a public offering of $750 million of its 7.75 percent senior unsecured notes due 2028 and a concurrent cash tender offer for $750 million of its 6.75 percent senior unsecured notes due 2022.
- Represented Vital Energy, in a public offering of $1 billion of its senior notes and a concurrent cash tender offer and consent solicitation for $450 million of its 5.625 percent senior unsecured notes due 2022 and $350 million of its 6.25 percent senior unsecured notes due 2023.
- Represented Genesis Energy, L.P. in its agreement with funds affiliated with GSO Capital Partners LP for the purchase of up to $350 million of preferred interests in Genesis Alkali Holdings Company, an unrestricted subsidiary of Genesis holding Genesis’ alkali business, to finance the expansion of Genesis’ Granger soda ash production facilities.
- Represented Cimarex Energy Co. in its $1.6 billion acquisition of Resolute Energy Corporation. Also represented Cimarex in a public offering of $500 million of its 4.375 percent senior unsecured notes due 2029 in connection with the transaction.
- Represented Genesis Energy, L.P. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Tronox Ltd.’s alkali business, the world’s largest producer of natural soda ash. Also represented Genesis on its related $750 million preferred unit financing with investment vehicles affiliated with KKR Global Infrastructure Investors II and GSO Capital Partners, as well as a public offering of $550 million of its 6.5 percent senior unsecured notes due 2025.
- Represented Oragami Capital in a cross-border recapitalization and financing transaction with Trident Exploration Corp. pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act. The restructuring was successfully completed with Oragami as the majority stockholder. Oragami also achieved significant board representation in post-reorganized Trident.
- Represented Genesis Energy, L.P. in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Enterprise Products Partners L.P.’s offshore pipeline and services business, significantly expanding Genesis’ offshore presence. The deal included related public offerings of $750 million of 6.75 percent senior unsecured notes due 2022 and approximately $394 million of common units.
Matters may have been handled prior to joining Paul Hastings.
- Houston Bar Association - Corporate Counsel Section Director