David Ereira is a partner in the Financial Restructuring group at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. Mr. Ereira’s principal areas of practice are Restructuring and Insolvency, Private Equity and Acquisition Finance, and Real Estate Finance. Mr. Ereira was chairman of The Insolvency Service and was awarded an OBE for services to insolvency.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Ereira was a partner at Magic Circle firms.
- Named a 'Hall of Fame solicitor' for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency - The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Recommended for Restructuring/Insolvency by Chambers UK 2020: ‘Clients say David Ereira "brings a wealth of experience and has been there and done it all."’
- Included in the ‘Hall of Fame’ for Restructuring and Insolvency by The Legal 500 UK 2020:
- "David Ereira is a very experienced and seasoned lawyer."
- "Vastly experienced a creative"
- "David Ereira is very calm and is always able to evaluate the situation with a tactical perspective."
- Included in the "Hall of Fame" for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency by The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Manchester, LL.B, 1977
- Open University, BSc, MSc
Restructuring and Insolvency Experience
- Advised the buyer on acquiring the Argyll Group out of administration and the subsequent restructuring of the portfolio
- Advised the supervisors of 11 interconnected CVAs for Park First Group
- Advising the Government of Jamaica on the incorporation of the Jamalco joint venture with Noble
- Advised the shareholders of Matalan on its recapitalization
- Advised on the Restructuring Plan for Gategourmet
- Advised the bondholders of McLaren
- Advised the funds responsible for the restructuring of The Co-Operative Bank
- Advised New Look Retailers on its CVA
- Advised Global Cloud Exchange on its restructuring and Chapter 11
- Advised Gulf Keystone Petroleum on its Scheme of Arrangement
- Bank Resolution of Banco Espirito Santo in Portugal and Bank Snoras in Lithuania
- Lehman Brothers International Europe acting on the administration of LBIE.
- Advised the Government of Finland on their participation in the sovereign debt restructurings in Greece and Spain
- Member, Financial Law Committee of the City of London Solicitors' Company
- Member, Insolvency Law Committee of the City of London Solicitors’ Company
- Member, HM Treasury Banking Liaison Panel
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Member of the International Insolvency Institute
- Member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association