Partner, Corporate Department
Derwin Jenkinson is a partner in the Energy and Infrastructure Finance practice, based in the London office. He advises on a broad range of financing structures within loan and capital markets, including infrastructure M&A, project finance, and structured debt. Mr. Jenkinson’s extensive practice encompasses all forms of debt financing across the capital structure, including loans, private placement notes, project bonds, bond/bank combination financings including whole business securitizations, and project financings, as well as restructurings.
Mr. Jenkinson began his career in 2001. Since then, he has built a following and reputation for high-level problem solving and adaptability. He acts for sponsors, banks, corporates, the U.K. Government, rating agencies, multilaterals, credit enhancement providers, and institutional investors.
- Leading Infrastructure lawyer, Chambers UK 2022: "He is a very bright and cerebral lawyer."
- "Derwin Jenkinson is excellent. He has exceptional financing and sector knowledge and consistently exceeds expectations due to his ability, drive and integrity. Derwin thrives under pressure and is an immensely positive lawyer to work with. He is brilliant with complicated matters, detail orientated but at the same time will strive to offer constructive ideas. I believe that he is very well respected by other firms, and manages them very efficiently during transactions". – The Legal 500 UK, 2022
- Leading Infrastructure lawyer, Chambers UK 2021: “He is commercial, proactive and gets things done.”
- Ranked in Chambers UK 2020 - Infrastructure
- College of Law, 2000
- Oxford Brookes University, L.P.C., 1999
- University of Oxford, B.A., 1998, Christ Church
- Equitix in relation to its acquisition financing of a portfolio of smart meters from SMS PLC
- BlackRock in relation to the refinancing of the Rothes and Beckton combined heat and power plants
- Northleaf Capital Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in a Belgium-based liquid storage terminal
- Allianz Global Investors on Dublin Port Company's initial bond issuance
- Dalmore and its consortium partners on the acquisition and refinancing of Cory Riverside
- Lenders on refinancing the acquisition of Dragon LNG by Ancala
- Angel Trains on a series of bond, bank, institutional, and project financings
- LBC Tank Terminals on a recent refinancing
- Arjun Infrastructure Partners in relation to a refinancing of Indigo Pipelines
- Advised the U.K. Government on the financing and subsequent sale by the Official Receiver of the business and assets of British Steel Limited
- Davidson Kempner in relation to the new money financing for Virgin Atlantic