Fred Kelly is an associate in the Investigations and White Collar Defense practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office.
He advises both companies and individuals in relation to investigations by UK and international law enforcement agencies and regulators.
Fred has advised on a number of significant government, regulatory and internal investigations, particularly in relation to matters involving bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering and cartel offences.
- University of Cambridge, Girton College, BA Hons (Classics), 2011
- College of Law, Guildford, GDL, 2012
- University of Law, Moorgate, LPC, 2013
- Represented and secured the acquittal of Richard Usher, a senior bank trader, in connection with a worldwide investigation and prosecution of the alleged manipulation of foreign exchange benchmarks by the Department of Justice (DOJ), Serious Fraud Office (SFO), and other agencies.
- Acting for a senior executive in the oil industry charged by the SFO in relation to its Unaoil investigation and prosecution relating to alleged bribery in post-war Iraq.
- Representing one of the defendants in a prosecution by the SFO relating to an alleged fraud against the U.K. government by G4S.
- Advised a senior gaming industry executive in relation to an HM Revenue & Customs investigation.
- Representing an international investment bank in regulatory enforcement proceedings concerning the adequacy of its AML systems and controls.
- Representing a multinational logistics company in relation to a SFO investigation into potential bribery and corruption offences in connection with facilitation payments overseas.
- Representing an individual in relation to enforcement proceedings brought by the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Advising a multinational company in relation to an investigation carried out by the Competition and Markets Authority.
- Representing a senior employee of a multinational retail company in relation to a SFO investigation into an alleged accounting fraud.
- Advised a company in the mining sector regarding an internal investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Fred has also spent time on secondment to the Financial Crime Legal team of an international investment bank.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association