Jemma Lohr McPherson
Of Counsel, Corporate Department
Jemma Lohr McPherson is Of Counsel in the Global Finance practice at Paul Hastings and shares her time between the firm’s London and Paris offices. Jemma is a member of the European high-yield team and focuses on high-yield offerings and other leveraged and acquisition finance transactions. She is experienced in advising financial institutions, companies, and private equity sponsors on a wide variety of debt and equity capital markets, corporate finance transactions, and U.S., French, and European securities law matters, including Regulation S and Rule 144A, offerings, liability management transactions, and initial public offerings.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2012
- Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), Diplôme, 2011
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master II Professionnel, 2011
- Wellesley College, B.A. (magna cum laude), 2006
- Advising Isabel Marant, a French luxury fashion label, in connection with an issuance of high yield notes.
- Advised Italian gaming and payments specialist Sisal Group and its sponsor, CVC, in connection with the combination of the Sisal Pay and Banca 5 payments businesses.
- Advised French auto parts distributor Autodis and its sponsor, Bain, in connection with the attempted IPO of Autodis on Euronext Paris.
- Advised the bookrunners in connection with a series of high-yield offerings by French recycling and waste operator Paprec Group.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with an offering of high-yield notes for French equipment rental specialist Kiloutou.
- Advised French eyewear and hearing aid specialist Afflelou and its sponsors in connection with a series of high-yield offerings and its attempted IPO on Euronext Paris.
- Advised UK gym operator Pure Gym and its sponsor, LGP, in connection with an offering of high-yield notes.
- Advised EG Group in connection with various acquisition financings, including the landmark financing for the acquisition of UK grocery retailer ASDA.
- Advised Italian generic pharmaceutical company DOC Generici in connection with its offering of senior secured floating rate notes.
- Advised Burger King France in connection with a series of high-yield offerings.
- Advised French furniture and décor retailer Maisons du Monde, as issuer, and Bain, as sponsor, in connection with the IPO of Maisons du Monde on Euronext Paris.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the IPO of Navya, a French manufacturer of autonomous vehicles, on Euronext Paris.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with an offering of high-yield notes by UK frozen food retailer Nomad Foods.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the €2.4 billion high-yield bond / term loan B financing for French media producer Banijay’s acquisition of Endemol Shine.
*Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.
Engagement & Publications
Co-author of the France chapter of The Initial Public Offerings Law Review, third edition.
- Member, Paris Bar 2018
- Member, California Bar 2014
- Member, New York Bar 2012