Kirsty Devine is an associate in the Employment practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's London office. Ms. Devine provides U.K. and international clients with commercially focused, practical advice on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including employment contracts and policies, hiring/firing, restrictive covenants, and the employment aspects of corporate restructurings. Ms. Devine regularly supports clients with complex international employment issues and is focused on helping clients achieve their desired outcome while mitigating any associated legal, financial or reputational risk.
- Key lawyer in The Legal 500 Rankings (Employers), "Kirsty is thoughtful in her approach and in general anticipates and prepares us for any pushback an adversary might contemplate. This approach has allowed us to resolve matters involving third parties efficiently and quickly."
- Associate to watch in Chambers 2022 – Employment: Employer – London (Firms), "Clients regard Kirsty Devine as an impressive associate able to handle a range of employment mandates. She is best known for her work with clients in the financial services sector."
- Chambers 2022 - "She is responsive, she has the ability to understand the internal dynamics and needs of the company, and she provides strategic and practical advice."
"She is a great lawyer with a strong eye for detail. She is quick, concise and she gets to the nub of the matter. She is also very personable and approachable."
- BPP Cambridge, LPC, 2014
- University of East Anglia, LLB (Hons), 2011
- Advising a global charity on sensitive U.K. employment and employee privacy matters, including whistleblowing complaints in a post #MeToo world, responding to data subject access requests, addressing discrimination complaints, and dealing with personal injury allegations, restructures and senior executive issues.
- Advising a world-leading international manufacturer on its EMEA re-organisations involving the cancellation of agent contracts in the U.K., France, Germany, and Italy and the proposed closure of distribution sites.
- Advising a leading global private equity firm on matters relating to its workforce and the impact of measures introduced in connection with the Coronavirus pandemic across 10+ jurisdictions.
- Acting for a leading make-up brand in defence of an employment tribunal claim involving allegations of sex discrimination, maternity, and pregnancy discrimination and unfair dismissal.
- Advising a global investment firm on the application of the Senior Managers Certification Regime of the Financial Conduct Authority and reviewing documentation across their U.K. operation.
- Admitted to practice in England and Wales
- Member, Employment Lawyers Association