Marina Begun is Of Counsel in the firm’s Alternative Lender and Private Credit Group and is based in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Begun advises investment funds, hedge funds, private equity funds and other financial institutions in connection with a broad range of commercial lending transactions, including senior secured, first and second lien, and unsecured loans. Drawing on her background as a restructuring attorney, Ms. Begun advises clients on bankruptcy and restructuring matters arising in connection with special situations investments and loan restructurings.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. (magna cum laude), 2005
- Represented private investment firm as agent and lender in a $60mm senior secured facility to a sponsor-backed flexible packaging company.
- Represented hedge fund as lender in a $130mm senior secured facility to a sponsor-backed health and wellness agency.
- Represented private investment firm as agent and lender in a multiple unitranche transactions providing first-out revolving loans in transactions ranging in size from $35 million to $105 million.
- Represented hedge fund as lender in a $45 million senior secured convertible note facility to a real estate holding company.
- Represented hedge fund as agent and lender in restructuring $40 million of loans to a company providing medical equipment.
- Represented hedge fund as agent and lender in debtor-in-possession financing and first lien and second lien exit financing to a distributor of transmission and drive train products to the automotive aftermarket.
- Represented bank as agent and lender in connection with a $500 million warehouse facility to an online platform originating consumer loans.
Engagement & Publications
- Co-author "Pro Rata Sharing Provisions in Credit Agreements: What Lenders and Loan Investors Need to Know," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, October 2017.
- Speaker at LSTA webinar "Benchmarking LIBOR: A Controversial History, An Uncertain Future," April 30, 2014.