Dr. Nikolaos Paschos is Chair of the German Mergers & Acquisitions practice at Paul Hastings and based in the firm’s Frankfurt office. He advises clients on corporate law, M&A, and related capital markets matters.
Strategic and financial clients turn to him for his expertise in complex domestic and cross-border transactions, including public takeovers and defense; public company mergers and spin-offs; strategic acquisitions and divestitures; and going-private transactions.
Dr. Paschos also advises public companies and their boards on general meetings, shareholders’ litigation, activist and stockholder matters, and corporate governance.
Dr. Paschos is one of the leading corporate and M&A lawyers in Germany, is regularly ranked in leading legal publications, including JUVE, IFLR1000, and Handelsblatt.
He regularly writes and publishes on corporate and takeover law, notably the 2016 Paschos/Fleischer, Handbook on Public Takeover Law (Handbuch des Übernahmerechts).
- Brookfield Asset Management on the attempted acquisition of thyssenkrupp Elevators from thyssenkrupp
- CPPIB on a €500+ million co-investment in the public takeover offer and the delisting offer for Axel Springer by KKR
- Hellman & Friedman and Blackstone Group on the public tender takeover offer for Scout24
- The financing banks on the public takeover offers for OSRAM by Bain Capital/The Carlyle Group, for VTG by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure and for STADA by Bain Capital/Cinven
- Athens International Airport in connection the IPO and related shareholder agreements
- Siemens on the IPO of its global healthcare business (Siemens Healthineers)
- TeamViewer on various transactions, including the transformation into an SE and the acquisitions of Xaleon and Upskill, Inc.
- Allgeier on the spin-off of its global technology and software development business
- Bayer on the global carve-out of its polymer business (Bayer Material Science) and the subsequent dual-track process resulting in the IPO under the name of Covestro
- Deutsche Börse on the contemplated cross-border combination with NYSE Euronext
Matters have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.