Petra Plasilova is an associate in the Energy & Infrastructure practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Petra’s practice focuses on cross-border and domestic project development and financings and acquisition financings in the energy and infrastructure sectors. Petra advises domestic and multinational sponsors as well as lenders, including leading international financial institutions, U.S. government agencies and development financial institutions, in connection with energy and renewables projects and infrastructure assets across the U.S., Latin America and Europe.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2016
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S. 2009
- AES and InterEnergy on an approximately $960 million secured financing for the acquisition and construction of the Gatún
670 MW combined cycle natural gas-fired power plant and 2 transmission lines in Panama, comprising a senior secured
construction loan and letter of credit facility provided by lenders led by Natixis and SMBC and a secured mezzanine credit
facility provided by an infrastructure debt fund.
- The project was named "Power Deal of the Year – Latin America" (2021) by IJGlobal and "Project and Infrastructure Finance Loan of the Year" (2022) by LatinFinance.
- ENGIE on its joint venture with Tokyo Gas to own, develop and operate 4 solar parks and 2 wind farms in Mexico with a
combined capacity of 721 MW, and the related limited recourse hybrid portfolio greenfield project financing.
- LongWing Energy on a $150 million DFC senior secured financing of an approximately 98.1 MW wind project in Ukraine and
associated equity political risk insurance and a mezzanine convertible loan.
- Transelec Concesiones on the approximately $358 million individualized portfolio construction financing of 4 transmission
lines and associated substations in Chile, with EDC, KfW and MUFG Bank as mandated lead arrangers.
- Note purchasers and KeyBank, KfW and Societe Generale as lenders on an approximately $580 million senior secured note
issuance and $205 million senior secured credit facility for Georgetown Energy Partners, an affiliate of Engie and Axium, the
concessionaire of the Georgetown University Utility System.
- Note purchasers and MUFG Bank on a senior secured note issuance and revolver for an affiliate of Tillman Networks.
ING Capital, as administrative agent, and lenders on the CCS Power Finance senior secured term loan and revolver.
- MUFG Bank, as administrative agent, and lenders, note purchasers and issuing bank on financing of the Jackson Power
Project, an approximately 1,200 MW gas-fired power project sponsored by J-Power.