Riccardo Maggi Novaretti is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. His practice focuses on international capital markets and cross-border leveraged finance transactions, representing issuer and underwriter clients on a broad range of transactions, with a particular focus on high yield debt offerings.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Maggi Novaretti worked in the capital market group of another leading U.S. law firm in Milan and New York.
Mr. Maggi Novaretti received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Turin, Faculty of Law (Italy), in 2011 and his LL.M from Duke University, School of Law, Durham (North Carolina, USA), in 2017. Mr. Maggi Novaretti is admitted to practice law in Italy and New York.
- Advised Boparan Holdings Limited and its group, in connection with the refinancing of their existing senior notes and existing term and revolving loans by way of the issuance of £475 million of senior notes, issued by Boparan Finance plc.
- Advised BofA Securities as global coordinator for the $300 million debut high-yield notes issuance of Zorlu Yenilenebilir Enerji A.Ş., a subsidiary of Zorlu Enerji A.Ş., a leading integrated utility company whose shares are listed on Borsa İstanbul.
- Advised Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs as global coordinators for the high-yield notes issuance of an aggregate of €1.475 billion Senior Secured Notes and Senior Notes by Summer (BC) Holdco B S.à r.l. and Summer (BC) Holdco A S.à r.l. The Notes were issued as part of the $3 billion financing package for the proposed Bain Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Kantar - a London-headquartered market research business - from British multinational advertising and public relations firm WPP.
- Advised Credit Suisse, Citigroup, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole CIB, Deutsche Bank Securities, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, RBC Capital Markets, Scotiabank, TD Securities and Wells Fargo in connection with the $1.25 billion tap senior notes issued by CSC Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Altice USA, one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.
- Advised Citigroup, Barclays, BNP PARIBAS, Crédit Agricole CIB, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, RBC Capital Markets, Scotiabank, TD Securities and Wells Fargo Securities in connection with the $1.0 billion senior bond issued by CSC Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Altice USA, one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.
- Advised Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs as global coordinators for the debut $325 million high-yield notes issuance of ADES International Holding PLC, a leading oil & gas drilling and production services provider in the Middle East and North Africa.
The following matters were handled by Mr. Maggi Novaretti prior to joining Paul Hastings:
- Advised Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays Capital, Morgan Stanley, TD Securities as joint book-runner in connection with the issuance by the Tennessee Valley Authority US$1 billion 2.250% Global Power Bonds due 2020.
- Advised Onorato Armatori S.p.A. in connection with its issuance of €300 million 7.75% senior secured notes due 2023.
- Advised Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with its US$1.5 billion subordinated Tier 2 benchmark notes due 2026 under its US$25 billion Medium Term Note Programme.
- Advised Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with its US$1 billion Additional Tier 1 Notes under its US$25 billion Medium Term Note Programme.
- Advised Libero Acquisition S.à r.l. in connection with the acquisition of SEAT Pagine Gialle S.p.A.