Corinne A. Lammers
Partner, Litigation Department
Washington, D.C.Phone: 1(202) 551-1846
Corinne Lammers is a partner in the Litigation Department and the Investigations and White Collar Practice Group at Paul Hastings, based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on international anti-corruption laws, particularly the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA"), and leverages her significant FCPA experience on behalf of her clients. Ms. Lammers specializes in anti-corruption compliance strategy, including compliance program development and enhancement, risk assessments, and testing and monitoring. Ms. Lammers has advised clients regarding anti-corruption compliance matters in diverse industries such as power, robotics, technology, rail transport, petrochemicals, life sciences, and aerospace. Ms. Lammers is sought out for her innovative and practical approaches to addressing compliance challenges.
Ms. Lammers also has extensive experience with independent compliance monitorships required by government regulators. Along with serving on several monitor teams, she has also counseled multiple clients undergoing monitorships, helping those clients satisfy monitor recommendations and bringing those monitorships to successful and timely conclusions. In addition to her years in private practice, Ms. Lammers also worked as in-house counsel to a major defense contractor, focusing on compliance. Chambers USA described Ms. Lammers as having "depth and expertise in the field of FCPA", and as "very strong in the compliance area".
Ms. Lammers is a Senior Advisor to the ABA Section of International Law's Anti-Corruption Committee, serves on the editorial board of news service Global Investigations Review, and has lectured on anti-corruption topics at law schools as well as for the International Law Institute.
- Ranked by Chambers USA Nationwide for FCPA, 2021 and 2022
- Ranked by Chambers Global for FCPA, 2022 and 2023
- Recommended by The Legal 500 – Latin America Guide
- White Collar Practice Group of the Year, Law360, 2021 and 2022
- Most Impressive Investigations Practice, Global Investigations Review, 2017 and 2021
- Compliance Firm of the Year, Law360, 2020 and 2022
- Listed in "The International Who's Who of Investigations Lawyers", "Thought Leaders: USA", "Who’s Who in Business Crime Defence" and "Thought Leaders in Investigations" by Who's Who Legal
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1996 (cum laude, Articles Editor for Law & Contemporary Problems, and a member of the Moot Court Board.)
- The American University, B.A., 1993 (magna cum laude)
- Representing a Fortune 500 corporation in connection with the review and enhancement of its global compliance program, remediation of identified issues and preparation of compliance presentations and reports to government regulators
- Representing a Fortune 500 corporation in connection with an anti-corruption focused due diligence review of a significant acquisition and supporting integration of the acquired entity into the client’s anti-corruption compliance program and related internal controls
- Representing a multinational oil and gas services company in its ongoing self-monitorship and preparation of compliance reports to U.S. enforcement authorities
- Assisting a life sciences company with enhancement of its anti-corruption compliance program and related internal controls and preparation of a compliance presentation to the U.S. Department of Justice
- Represented a multinational oil and gas services company in its self-monitorship and preparation of compliance reports to U.S. enforcement authorities
- Represented and advised multiple international corporations in connection with their independent compliance monitorships imposed by the DOJ / SEC in connection with FCPA resolutions
- Represented several multinational corporations before multilateral development banks in connection with anti-corruption issues
Engagement & Publications
- Co-author, March 2023, "DOJ Announces Pilot Program and Updated Guidance: Individual Accountability Is a Top Priority"
- November 2022, "The Big Return of Monitorships: When They Will Be Imposed and How to Satisfy DOJ and Monitor Expectations", American Conference Institute’s 39th International Conference on the FCPA, Washington, DC
- September 2022, "Now What? Evaluating Recent DOJ Changes to Corporate Enforcement and Compliance", Paul Hastings webinar
- Co-author, September 2022 "New Enforcement Policies Signal an Important Shift in DOJ’s Approach to Corporate Prosecutions"
- Co-author, September 2022 "Unpacking the Shift in DOJ Corporate Enforcement Policy", Law360
- June 2022, "Prosecuting Private Corruption", 18th Annual International Bar Association Anti-Corruption Conference
- Co-author, April 2022 "Proposed DOJ Certification Requirements Signal Increased Post-Resolution Compliance Program Scrutiny"
- Co-author, March 2022 "Recent DPA Breaches Reflect Increased DOJ Oversight and Scrutiny"
- Co-author, January 2022 "The OECD Issues Updated Good Practice Guidance on Internal Controls, Ethics and Compliance"
- Co-author, Chapter 93 (Monitorships), Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Court (5th ed. 2021), edited-in-chief by Robert L. Haig
- Co-author, April 2021 "Brazil’s Five-Year Anti-Corruption Plan: Takeaways for In-House Counsel and Anti-Corruption Lawyers," The Anti-Corruption Report
- Co-author, February 2021 "Brazil Closes the Book on Lava Jato"
- January 2021, "What It Takes to Upgrade Your Global Compliance Program in the Wake of a Settlement", C5's 7th Annual Conference on Anti-Corruption Nordics
- Co-author, December 2020 "Key Takeaways for Businesses from Brazil's Newly Announced 5-Year Anticorruption Plan"
- November 2020, "A Discussion on Transnational Corruption with Drago Kos, Chair of the OECD's Working Group on Bribery"
- Co-author, August 2020 "Where the New Normal Might Be the Old Normal: Addressing Corruption Concerns Relating to Brazil’s Political Turmoil"
- Co-author, May 2020 "COVID-19 and Corruption-Related Risks: High on the International Agenda"
- Co-author, April 2020 "All Eyes on Me: Practical Tips for Anti-Corruption Compliance In and After a Time of Crisis"
- Moderated numerous presentations on anti-corruption topics for the Anti-Corruption Committee of the ABA Section of International Law
- February 2017, "Understanding ISO 37001", KPMG Advisory Institute, New York, New York
- November 2015, "How the World Bank, USAID and MDBs Are Now Approaching Enforcement: A Close Look at the New, Unexpected Challenges for Companies under Investigation", American Conference Institute's 32nd Annual Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Washington, DC
- Co-author, August 2015 "The Department of Justice Hires Its Own FCPA Compliance Director to Determine When a Company Should Be Criminally Charged"
- June 2015, Corruption in Latin America Roundtable - Why Brazil's Corruption Scandals Matter, PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York, New York
- May 2015, "Monitors and the Monitored: A Fulsome Discussion About Monitorships", The Conference Board, Council on Corporate Compliance and Ethics and Global Council on Business Conduct, New York, New York
- Co-author, December 2014 "Implications of the World Bank Sanctions Regime for International Business"
- May 2013, Moderator, ABA Section of International Law, Picking Your Poison: Various Settlement Options Currently in Vogue with the DOJ and SEC, the UK SFO and the World Bank
- Co-author, January 2012 "Does Your Compliance Program Need a Check-Up?"
- The Georgetown Journal of International Law 2010 Symposium, "Combating Global Corruption," panelist, March 2010
- Co-author, January 2010 "FCPA Dragnet: Could Your Sales Agent Be an FBI Agent?"
- Senior Advisor (former Co-Chair), Anti-Corruption Committee, American Bar Association, Section of International Law
- Executive Committee, ABA Section of International Law 2019 Annual Conference
- Member, editorial board, Global Investigations Review ("GIR")
- Faculty, American University, Washington College of Law, Anti-Corruption Law Summer Program
- Member, Women's White Collar Defense Association, Monitor/Receiver Initiative Subcommittee
- Former Steering Group member, International Anti-Money Laundering Committee, American Bar Association, Section of International Law