Erin Hardtke is an associate in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York City office. Her practice focuses on representing both lenders and borrowers in complex financings, specializing in the fintech lending market.
Ms. Hardtke represents numerous lenders to fintech lenders as well as fintech originators as borrowers in financings secured by various types of fintech assets, including consumer and small business loans, merchant cash advances, and credit card receivables. Prior to her work in the fintech market, Ms. Hardtke built her expertise both in-house at national financial institutions and an international payment card services provider, and with other global finance practice groups at law firms representing commercial banks and direct lenders in middle-market leverage finance transactions.
Recognized among The Secured Lender's profiles of the most accomplished and influential women working in secured finance.
- Marquette University Law School, J.D. (magna cum laude), 1998
- Purdue University, B.S., 1993
- Represented a global asset manager as agent in a $400M term loan facility to a special purpose entity borrower for the purpose of monetizing future endorsement contract revenue of an NBA athlete.
- Represented a specialty finance provider as lender in a revolving secured loan facility ($45M term/$30M revolver) to a special purpose entity borrower for the purpose of financing the purchase of technology-focused loans and preferred equity investments.
- Represented a global asset manager as administrative agent in a $228.5M secured revolving loan facility to a special purpose entity borrower for the purpose of financing the purchase of certain receivables and securities.
- Represented a registered investment advisor as lender in a $25M secured revolving facility to a special purpose entity borrower for the purpose of financing the purchase of loans made to medical and other healthcare providers in connection with personal injury litigation.
- Represented a special purpose entity subsidiary of a fintech lender as borrower in a $50M secured revolving facility for the purpose of financing the purchase of certain consumer loan portfolios.
- Represented a US-based financial institution as sole lender in a unique asset-based revolving loan facility to a special purpose entity borrower for the purpose of financing trade receivables worth approximately $80M.
- Represented a registered investment advisor as agent in a $35M acquisition financing for the acquisition by a leading oil rig servicer (“Oil Rig Servicer”) in several lines of business and in subsequent amendments, add-on facilities, protective advances, and restructurings to add debt tranches, convert an existing affiliate facility into a junior facility, and permit the acquisitions of additional vessels, drydocks, aircraft, and real estate. Represented the same registered investment advisor in the foreclosure of certain equity interests pledged by Oil Rig Servicer and its affiliates, in other exercises of remedies, and in subsequent financing provided to a competitor of Oil Rig Servicer for the acquisition of certain assets acquired by the investment advisor from Oil Rig Servicer in 363 sale.
- Represented a commercial finance provider in a $21M term and revolving asset-based, split lien facility to an aerospace parts manufacturer.
- Represented a US-based financial institution in a $175M multi-currency, cross-border, subordinated, secured revolving facility to a global sporting equipment manufacturer.
- Represented an alternative lender in review of multiple syndicated leveraged loan facilities and provided analyses for the purpose of purchasing tranches of loans.
- Member, New York City Bar Association