Of Counsel, Corporate Department
ChicagoPhone: 1(312) 499-6037
Fax: 1(312) 499-6137
Joyce Shin is Of-Counsel in the Structured Credit practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Chicago office. Her practice focuses on representing both lenders and borrowers in all aspects of complex financings, including leveraged, asset-based, back leverage, senior, mezzanine, and subordinated debt transactions, with a particular emphasis in the fintech market.
Ms. Shin represents numerous fintech lenders and fintech originators as borrowers in financing secured by various types of fintech assets, including consumer loans, business loans, credit card receivables and merchant cash advances. Ms. Shin also has extensive experience in leveraged buyouts and acquisition financings working with private equity funds.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2013
- Duke University, B.S., (cum laude), 2008
- Negotiated credit facility terms and related bespoke legal documentation for fintech clients' assets such as mobile application revenue stream, consumer and small business loans, credit card receivables and merchant cash advances
- Representation of various private equity firms, including Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company, CDH Investments, Cortec Group, DW Healthcare Partners, H.I.G. Capital, Industrial Growth Partners, May River Capital, Novacap TMT, Pfingsten Partners, and Parallel49 Equity, and their respective portfolio companies, in connection with acquisitions financings, dividend recapitalizations, and other finance transactions
- CDW LLC in connection with its revolving and term loan credit facilities
- Motivate International Inc. in connection with financing bicycle program expansions
- Stryker Corporation in connection with its revolving credit facility
- Co-Chair, Chicago Office, Paul Hastings’ Asian Affinity Network
- Member, Chicago Office, Talent Development Committee (2014-2021)