Martin Ligr is a technical advisor in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. The primary focus of his work is pharmaceutical and biotechnology patent litigation.
Dr. Ligr graduated summa cum laude with a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Stuttgart, Germany, in 2001. He then joined the Rockefeller University as a post-doctoral fellow and later continued to work as a research scientist at the New York University Langone Medical Center. He conducted research in the areas of cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, as well as theoretical biology.
Dr. Ligr is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Engagement & Publications
- Ligr M, Wu X, Daniels G, Zhang D, Wang H, Hajdu C, Wang J, Pan R, Pei Z, Zhang L, Melis M, Pincus MR, Saunders JK, Lee P, Xu R (2014) Imbalanced expression of Tif1γ inhibits pancreatic ductal epithelial cell growth. American Journal of Cancer Research 4(3): 196–210.
- Li Y, Tian L, Ligr M, Daniels G, Wu X, Singh M, Wei J, Shao Y, Lepor H, Xu R, Chang Z, Wang Z, Lee P (2013) Functional domains of androgen receptor coactivator p44/Mep50/WDR77 and its interaction with Smad1. Public Library of Science One 8(5): e64663.
- Ligr M, Li Y, Logan SK, Taneja S, Melamed J, Lepor H, Garabedian MJ, Lee P (2012) Mifepristone inhibits GRβ-coupled prostate cancer cell proliferation. Journal of Urology 188(3): 981–988.
- Ligr M, Patwa RR, Daniels G, Pan L, Wu X, Li Y, Tian L, Wang Z, Xu R, Wu J, Chen F, Liu J, Wei JJ, Lee P (2011) Expression and function of androgen receptor coactivator p44/Mep50/WDR77 in ovarian cancer. Public Library of Science One 6(10): e26250.
- Li Y, Ligr M, McCarron JP, Daniels G, Zhang D, Zhao X, Ye F, Wang J, Liu X, Osman I, Mencher SK, Lepor H, Wang LG, Ferrari A, Lee P (2011) Natura-α targets forkhead box M1 and inhibits androgen-dependent and -independent prostate cancer growth and invasion. Clinical Cancer Research 17(13): 4414–4424.
- Ligr M, Li Y, Zou X, Daniels G, Melamed J, Peng Y, Wang W, Wang J, Ostrer H, Pagano M, Wang Z, Garabedian MJ, Lee P (2010) Tumor suppressor function of androgen receptor coactivator ARA70α in prostate cancer. American Journal of Pathology 176(4): 1891–1900.
- Peng Y, Li CX, Chen F, Wang Z, Ligr M, Melamed J, Wei J, Gerald W, Pagano M, Garabedian MJ, Lee P (2008) Stimulation of prostate cancer cellular proliferation and invasion by the androgen receptor co-activator ARA70. American Journal of Pathology 172(1): 225–235.
- Ligr M, Siddharthan R, Siggia ED, Cross FR (2006) Gene expression from random libraries of yeast promoters. Genetics 172(4): 2113–2122.
- Ligr M, Velten I, Fröhlich E, Madeo F, Ledig M, Fröhlich K-U, Wolf DH, Hilt W (2001) The proteasomal substrate Stm1 participates in apoptosis-like cell death in yeast. Molecular Biology of the Cell 12(8): 2422–2432.
- Madeo F, Fröhlich E, Ligr M, Grey M, Sigrist S, Wolf DH, Fröhlich K-U (1999) Oxygen stress: A regulator of apoptosis in yeast. Journal of Cell Biology 145(4): 757–767.
- Ligr M, Madeo F, Fröhlich E, Hilt W, Fröhlich K-U, Wolf DH (1998) Mammalian Bax triggers apoptotic changes in yeast. Federation of European Biochemical Societies Letters 438(1–2): 61–65.
- Ligr M, Malek L (1997) Ubiquitin metabolism in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii following cold shock. Physiologia Plantarum 101(4): 865–871.
- Ligr M, Ron C, Nátr L (1995) Calculation of the photoperiod length. Computer Applications in Biosciences 11(2): 133–139.