Obediah Ben Samuel is an associate in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. His practice focuses on representing banks, private equity sponsors, and other financial institutions as arrangers, lenders, and underwriters across a broad spectrum of corporate finance transactions, including secured and unsecured lending arrangements; leveraged, investment-grade, and acquisition financings; cross-border and multi-currency financings; funds finance; secured and unsecured high-yield notes offerings; debt restructurings; and recapitalizations.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (Deans Fellow Scholar), J.D., 2013
- University of Miami, B.A., 2008
- Represented RBC Capital Markets, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Barclays Bank PLC, and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, and Royal Bank of Canada, as administrative agent, in connection with a $2,150,000 term loan and revolving credit facility financing Meredith Corporation’s acquisition of Time Inc., a multinational mass media corporation.
- Represented Jefferies Finance LLC, KKR Capital Markets LLC, Barclays Capital Market Asia Limited, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Sydney Branch, and MUFG Bank LTD., as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, and Jefferies Finance LLC as administrative agent with respect to the financing of KKR’s $2.2 billion acquisition of Campbell Soup’s international operations, including Arnott’s biscuits.
- Represented Citibank, as Lender and Administrative Agent, in a $350 million syndicated credit facility to Grubhub Inc., in connection with its acquisition of Yelp’s subsidiary, Eat24.
- Represented a global financial institution, as Lender and Administrative Agent, in a $200 million syndicated secured credit facility (including L/Cs, a swing line facility, and upstream guarantees from international subsidiaries) to a multinational China-based healthcare products company and its subsidiaries in Latin America.
- Represented Citibank, N.A., and Cititrust Colombia S.A., each acting through their agency and trust divisions, in connection with several waves of financings of 4G Public Infrastructure Financing Projects in the Republic of Colombia worth COP 12 billion (including loans and notes).
- Represented a global insurance company and its U.S., Mexican, Dutch, and Canadian subsidiaries as Borrowers in a multi-currency ABL senior secured $250 million credit facility consisting of a five-year Revolving Loan Commitment, a Term Loan, a Letter of Credit, and a Swingline Loan.
- Represented a private equity firm, as a direct lender, in a $300 million leveraged senior secured debt financing to a biotech company.