Paul Grossman is a partner in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Grossman represents major private employers in all aspects of employment law, including class action, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower cases. He is the general counsel of the California Employment Law Council (CELC), an organization of approximately 70 of California’s largest employers. Its mission is the development of moderate employment law through amicus briefs, education, and legislative activities. Mr. Grossman began mediating employment class actions in 2017, and has had about 55 such mediations. All or substantially all settled, normally during one mediation session.
- In its most recent 2018 edition, Chambers USA listed Mr. Grossman as a "Senior Statesmen" for California labor and employment.
- In its most recent 2018 edition, The Legal 500 recognized Mr. Grossman for Labor and Employment Disputes.
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers on three different occasions, most recently in 2010, rated Mr. Grossman as the "leading lawyer in the world for management labor and employment expertise." Who’s Who also has found for numerous consecutive years that Paul Hastings has the world’s strongest management employment practice.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1964 (Member, Board of Editors, Yale Law Journal)
- Amherst College, B.A., 1961
Engagement & Publications
- Mr. Grossman is the co-author of Lindemann, Grossman & Weirich Employment Discrimination Law, the official book of the American Bar Association in its field – the fifth edition was released in 2013. It has been cited on multiple occasions by the U.S. Supreme Court and the courts of every circuit and is generally regarded as the principal publication in its field.