Ray M. Hernandez is an Associate in the Real Estate Group and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Hernandez focuses on the representation of debt funds, lending institutions, private equity funds, developers, and investors in a variety of commercial real estate transactions. His experience includes matters involving real estate development, land use and governmental affairs, and construction. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, he practiced with an international law firm in Miami. Mr. Hernandez is a highly decorated combat veteran and has served combat deployments in Afghanistan and Iraq with the 82nd Airborne Division. He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with valor for extraordinary heroism in combat and the Purple Heart Medal. Ray is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and the State of Florida.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. (Real Property Development), 2018
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2017
- Florida International University, B.A. (summa cum laude and phi beta kappa), 2010
- Represented client in obtaining land use and entitlement designations for a mixed use master planned community combining sports, wellness, entertainment, and residential development with an estimated impact of $1.4 billion.
- Represented an international private investment organization in the $46.35 million sale of a commercial shopping center.
- Represented an international private investment organization in obtaining $30.60 million for the renovation of a commercial shopping center.
- Represented a not-for-profit organization owning and operating several continuing care retirement communities in obtaining land use and entitlement designations resulting in $50 million expansion and redevelopment of golf course property.
- Represented an international private investment organization in obtaining construction loan for the renovation of a luxury hotel.
- Moderated NAIOP panel regarding commercial real estate development in Central Florida with leading private and public sector experts (November 2019).
- Participated and organized commercial real estate panel regarding commercial real estate development (August 2019).
- Participated and organized commercial real estate panel regarding commercial real estate financing (February 2019).
- Moderated NAIOP panel regarding development projects pipeline in Central Florida (October 2018).
- Programs Committee Member, NAIOP Central Florida
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association