Dr. Regina Engelstaedter
Partner, Corporate Department
FrankfurtPhone: 49 69 907485-110
Fax: 49 69 907485-310
Dr. Regina Engelstädter is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Frankfurt office. She advises clients on domestic and international M&A transactions and corporate matters including corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Dr. Engelstädter advises strategic and financial investors in auction processes and buy-outs. She also advises on foreign direct investment reviews.
- Dr. Engelstädter was recognized by International Advisory Experts (IAE) Awards 2022 as "Corporate Lawyer of the Year" in Germany
- Chambers Global Germany Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market (2022)
- Dr. Engelstädter is listed by "The Best Lawyers in Germany" Handelsblatt for M&A and Private Equity 2022
- She is "frequently recommended" for Private Equity and M&A (JUVE 2020/2021)
- Dr. Engelstädter was recognized by Who’s Who Legal: Germany 2020 as "a superb advocate who enjoys a fantastic reputation in the market for providing expert advice on domestic and international M&A transactions"
- JUVE recommends Dr. Engelstädter as "very efficient" (2020/2021)
- "Finance Top Deal of the Year" awarded by the National Association of Mergers & Acquisition in cooperation with the magazine Finance for excellence in strategy and implementation of an M&A transaction (advised Schott AG on the sale of Schott Medica GmbH and related business units)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, Dr. iur., 1997
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, 2 St Exam, 1998
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, 1 St Exam, 1994
- Appointment as notary public by the President of the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main
- Advised Boon Rawd Brewery Company Limited in connection with a Joint Venture agreement with Valensina Holding GmbH. Valensina is a leading German fruit juice manufacturer and the second largest branded fruit juice company in Germany.
- Advised a financial investor in connection with the acquisition of sales offices from Daimler AG.
- Advised Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), a leading manufacturer of blood pressure monitors (Dexcom G5 Mobile Continous Glucose Monitoring System) in connection with the acquisition of Nintamed Group in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Advised Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund LP (FGC), a Chinese investor, in connection with the public takeover offer regarding all shares of Aixtron SE.
- Advised Hansol on its acquisition of all share capital of R+S Group GmbH, a thermal paper converting company in Germany, and on the acquisition of Schades Group from Capidea Kapital, a Danish private equity fund.
- Advised financial investor Keensight Capital in connection with the acquisition of aap Biomaterials GmbH, a subsidiary of aap Implanate AG.
- Advised financial investor Madison Industries, on the acquisition of the Porous Technologies business of UK-based industrial group Essentra plc for £220 million.
- Advised the biopharmaceutical company MSD (tradename of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA (NYSE: MRK)) on its acquisition of Munich-headquartered therapeutics company Rigontec.
- Advised Nexter Systems SA on the defense Joint Venture with Nexter Systems SA and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG.
- Advised Publicis Group SA (Starcom Mediavest Group GmbH) in connection with the Acquisition of AKM3 and AKOM360 GmbH, a leading German digital agency located in Munich and Düsseldorf.
- Advised Schott AG, an international technology group and one of the world’s largest producers of industrial glass and glass products, in connection with the Sale of Schott Medica GmbH and related business units.
- Advised Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd. (“Fosun Pharma”; Stock Code: 600196.SH, 02196.HK), one of the leading Chinese healthcare groups, in forming a strategic alliance with Biopharmaceutical New Technologies of Germany (“BioNTech”; Nasdaq: BNTX) to develop and commercialize a vaccine that prevents COVID-19 infections using BioNTech’s mRNA vaccine candidate BNT162.
- Advised SMA Solar Technology AG in the acquisition of Tigo Energy Inc.
Engagement & Publications
- Dr. Engelstädter is a speaker at seminars on corporate / M&A law issues, including "Cross Border M&A" and "Shareholder Activism, Public Intervention und Legal Tech".