Sara B. Tomezsko is a senior associate in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Her practice is focused on defending employers in a broad array of employment matters, including single plaintiff and class or collective actions, employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, pay equity, and wage and hour matters. Ms. Tomezsko has successfully defended clients in numerous trials and arbitration hearings. She also advises clients on litigation avoidance, arbitration agreement issues, and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
Ms. Tomezsko received her B.A. from Loyola University in Maryland in 2006. She graduated summa cum laude and received the Carrell English Medal for distinction within the English Department. She earned her M.A. in English literature and theory from New York University's Graduate School of Arts and Science in 2009 while simultaneously working in the financial services industry. Ms. Tomezsko received her J.D. from Cornell Law School in 2013, where she served as the Senior Notes Editor for the Cornell Law Journal of Law and Public Policy.
- The Legal 500 USA, Rising Star, Labor and Employment Disputes Including Collective Actions: Defense (2021-2022)
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2013
- New York University, M.A., 2009
- Loyola University Maryland, B.A., 2006
Engagement & Publications
- Employment Discrimination Law (Sixth Ed.), Associate Editor
- "Contractually Shortened Statutes of Limitations for Employee Claims," Thomson Reuters (2014)