Valeria Jose Ifarraguerri is an associate in the Houston office. Her practice focuses mainly on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, cross-border transactions, and foreign investment. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Valeria was part of the Energy and Infrastructure group of an international law firm.
Valeria started her career at a well-known, leading full-service corporate law firm in Mexico City, where she participated in a variety of representative and complex matters and transactions across multiple industries. While in law school, Valeria worked as a part-time law clerk at a boutique Mexican law firm specializing in corporate law.
Valeria is licensed to practice law in Mexico, New York and Texas. She attended the University of Pennsylvania where she obtained her LL.M. (Master of Laws) and Business and Law Certificate from the Wharton Business School. She also participated in the “Executive Finance Program” at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and in the “RISE – Resilient, Inspired, Strategic, Empowered” program at the Leadership Academy for Women in Law at Fordham University School of Law. Valeria received her law degree (Licenciada en Derecho) from the Universidad Anáhuac México (Anahuac) where she earned the Academic Excellence Prize in 2014 and 2016 for ranking among the top five students at the law school.
She was previously a professor of Business and Law at ITAM and professor of Legal English at Anahuac Law School.
- Fordham University School of Law, Leadership Academy for Women in Law: RISE Certificate, 2021
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, LL.M., 2019
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business, Business and Law Certificate, 2019
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Executive Finance Program, 2017
- Universidad Anáhuac México, Licenciada en Derecho, 2016