Zoey Xie is an Associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings. Ms. Xie focuses her practice on FCPA/anti-corruption, internal and government investigations, dispute resolution, data privacy, and data security. Ms. Xie also counsels life sciences companies on regulatory issues, including regulatory inspections, clinical trials, and human genetic resource management. Ms. Xie advises clients, including Chinese state-owned enterprises, across a variety of other industries, including life sciences, manufacturing, technology, and telecommunication.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Xie worked at two leading U.S. law firms in Shanghai.
Ms. Xie is admitted to practice in New York. Ms. Xie passed the bar examination in China in 2011, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Ms. Xie is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Fordham School of Law, LL.M. 2014
- Ningbo University, LL.B. 2012
Internal Investigations and Regulatory Enforcement
- Represented a multinational software corporation in internal investigations of its operations in Greater China in connection with whistleblower allegations, bribery and corruption, revenue recognition, and suspected fraudulent practices.
- Represented the independent audit committee of the board of directors of a U.S. public-listed Chinese corporation in an internal investigation into allegations of financial irregularities.
- Represented the independent audit committee of the board of directors of a U.S. public-listed Chinese corporation in an internal investigation into allegations of fraudulent practices.
- Represented a public-listed corporation in China in compliance risk assessment and compliance program testing in connection with its debarment by the Asian Development Bank for fraudulent practices.
- Represented a U.S. public-listed software company in an investigation from the Chinese government against its Chinese subsidiary triggered by an FCPA violation.
- Represented a multinational aerospace company in investigations from multiple governments related to allegations of fraudulent practices, and non-compliant interactions with Chinese government officials through its business partners.
- Represented multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies in internal investigations relating to suspected bribery misconduct, off-label promotion, sponsorships and grants, bid-rigging, and third party and distributor misconduct.
- Conducted post-closing compliance due diligence on revenue recognition issues on behalf of the Chinese shareholder of a Fortune 500 joint-venture telecommunication company.
Data Advisory and Compliance
- Represented an American multinational technology company on cross-border data transfer and data privacy issue regarding its internal medical institution in China.
- Represented multinational hedge fund and financial services companies in assessing compliance relating to data privacy, data security and cross-border regulatory issues across the U.S., E.U. and Asia.
- Represented multinational luxury companies in conducting data compliance risk assessment and compliance program enhancement in connection with companies’ operations in Greater China.
Life Sciences Regulatory
- Advised a leading global biotech company on its plasma related transactions in China and regulatory agency inspections on GMP compliance.
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies on compliance relating to post-marketing, advertisement, GCP and GMP issues.
- Seconded as legal counsel to a world-leading multinational pharmaceutical company on human genetic resource management and drug development regulatory issues in the Asia-Pacific region.