Paul Hastings’ Intellectual Property Practice Continues Year of Remarkable Rankings with New IAM 1000 Accolades and Additional IP Stars Recognitions
New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm’s Intellectual Property practice has once again been recognized among the top IP teams by both IAM Patent 1000 and Managing IP, two leading resources of intelligence on IP practitioners based on interviews conducted with clients and private practice lawyers.
IAM has ranked the practice across its geographic presence in California, New York, Korea, Japan, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., including improved tier rankings in the latter two jurisdictions.
The organization continues by noting that “Paul Hastings is a prime destination for globally impactful IP disputes: with litigators standing by in the United States, Europe, and Asia, it is ideally positioned in terms of resources; while its maturity of approach chimes with companies faced with the sternest tests,” and that “the trial lawyers at Paul Hastings…never blink in the spotlight of high-stakes patent infringement litigation; they maintain a clear and intense focus on themes that compel juries and triers of fact to decide things their way and have a terrific record at trial and at other litigation turning points.”
In addition to the firm rankings, nearly 20 Paul Hastings lawyers were recognized for their exceptional skills and experience:
- Yar Chaikovsky, Global Co-Chair of IP – Nationwide: International Trade Commission; Nationwide: Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; California: Litigation
- Bruce Wexler, Global Co-Chair of IP – New York: Litigation
- Eric Dittmann, Global Vice-Chair of IP – New York: Litigation
- Naveen Modi, Global Vice-Chair of IP – Nationwide: Post-grant Proceedings; Washington, D.C.: Litigation
- Isaac Ashkenazi – New York: Litigation
- Elizabeth Brann – California: Litigation
- Thomas Counts – California: Litigation
- Chris Kennerly – California: Litigation
- Preston Ratliff – New York: Litigation
- Hiroyuki Hagiwara – Japan: Litigation; Japan: Transactions
- Jong Han Kim – South Korea: Litigation
- Philip Ou – California: Litigation
- Kyotaro Ozawa – Japan: Litigation
- Joseph Palys – Nationwide: Post-grant Proceedings; Washington, D.C.: Litigation
- Jeff Pade – Washington, D.C.: Litigation
- Chad Peterman – New York: Litigation
- Allan Soobert – Washington, D.C.: Litigation
- Robert Unikel – Illinois: Litigation
- Samuel Waxman – New York: Transactions
Further, the firm was ranked nationally in Managing IP's 2021 edition of IP Stars, including an improved ranking in the United States for Patent Contentious, Tier 1 in Life Sciences, and Tier 1 for PTAB Litigation. Within the United States, the firm was Highly Recommended in New York for Patent Contentious, and Recommended in California for both Patent Contentious and Copyright. Outside the U.S., the firm is ranked in Japan.
Paul Hastings’ Intellectual Property practice advises clients on important, complex IP matters, providing innovative solutions for our clients’ challenges with a track record of success in high-stakes, bet-the-company patent and trade secret litigation and other IP disputes in trial and appeals courts, at the PTAB and the ITC, and in arbitral tribunals.
The practice is ranked by Chambers and Partners, IAM, The Legal 500, Managing IP, and Benchmark Litigation in various areas, including patent, trade secrets, ITC litigation, and PTAB practice, as well as by BTI Consulting as a “Go-To Litigation Firm” and “Best for Complex IP Litigation” in its annual “Intellectual Property Outlook” report. Paul Hastings IP lawyers have been selected numerous times as Law360’s “Most Valuable Players”; and as Trailblazers by The National Law Journal, The Recorder, The New York Law Journal, and The Daily Journal.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.