The International Financial Law Review 1000: Guide to the World’s Leading Law Firms recognized Paul Hastings' Asia practice as a premier source for legal services across several markets, naming us:
- A Leading Capital Markets Firm for Hong Kong, China and Japan
- A Leading Capital Markets Firm (for Structured Finance) for both foreign and local (Japan) law advice in Japan
- A Leading Banking Firm in China and Japan
- A Leading Securitization and Structured Finance Firm in Hong Kong
- A Leading Mergers and Acquisitions Firm for both foreign and local (Japan) law advice in Japan
- A Leading Project Finance Firm in Japan.
Several Paul Hastings partners were also ranked by the IFLR 1000 as leading individuals in key markets: Neil Campbell for Securitization and Structured Finance in Hong Kong; Norifusa Hashimoto for Banking in Japan; Mitch Dudek and David Livdahl for Banking in China; Neil Torpey and Raymond Li for Capital Markets in China; Kaoru Umino for Capital Markets in Japan; and Kaoruhiko Suzuki for Mergers and Acquisitions in Japan.
Asia Pacific Legal 500 ranks Paul Hastings a leader in:
- Banking and Finance (Hong Kong, China and Tokyo)
- Capital Markets (China)
- Equity Capital Markets (Hong Kong)
- Employment (Hong Kong)
- Corporate/FDI (China)
- Corporate/M&A (Hong Kong and Tokyo)
- Dispute Resolution (Hong Kong and China)
- Intellectual Property (China)
- Real Estate including REITS (Hong Kong)
- Restructuring and Insolvency (Hong Kong)
- Project Finance (Hong Kong and Tokyo)
- Securitization and Structured Finance (Tokyo)
The APL 500 also names several Paul Hastings partners as leading individuals in specific practice categories, including: Donald Koo for Banking and Finance (in Honk Kong); Raj Pande for Projects and Energy (in Hong Kong and Tokyo); Neil Campbell for Securitization and Structured Finance (in Hong Kong); Norifusa Hashimoto for Banking and Finance (in Tokyo); and John Steed for Real Estate/Property Finance and Securitization (in Tokyo).