New York – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice has once again been recognized among the leading IP teams, with its latest ranking in Benchmark Litigation. This accolade continues the practice’s recognition as an IP powerhouse across venues with a strong track record of delivering outstanding results for clients time and again.
The Paul Hastings IP Practice is ranked in Tier 1 – National by Benchmark Litigation in the 2020 edition of its guide. In addition, global co-chairs of the IP practice Yar Chaikovsky and Bruce Wexler, global co-vice chair of the IP practice Eric Dittmann and IP partner Joseph O’Malley were all honored as both “Litigation Stars” and “National Practice Area Stars.” The firm was also ranked as Highly Recommended or Recommended for IP litigation in California, New York, and the District of Columbia.
Benchmark Litigation also recognized several additional Paul Hastings litigators as “Litigation Stars,” including Litigation Department chair Barry Sher; partners Peter Stone, William K Whitner, and Thomas Zaccaro; senior counsel William Sullivan; and of counsel David Walsh.
The Paul Hastings IP Practice consistently receives industry praise, including:
- 25 rankings in IAM Patent 1000 and Legal500 in 2020
- “IP Stars” recognition, Bruce Wexler, Yar Chaikovsky, Eric Dittmann, Naveen Modi, Hiroyuki Hagiwara, Blair Jacobs, Chris Kennerly, Joseph O’Malley, Philip Ou, Steven Marenberg, Chad Peterman, Preston Ratliff, and Rob Unikel by Managing Intellectual Property
- “IP leader” recognition, Yar Chaikovsky, Bruce Wexler, Naveen Modi, Hiroyuki Hagiwara, and Joseph O’Malley by IAM Global Leaders
- “California - Intellectual Property Litigation Firm of the Year” and “Silicon Valley Firm of the Year,” shortlisting by Benchmark Litigation
- Yar Chaikovsky and Philip Ou named “California Trailblazers,” by The Recorder
- “Top IP Lawyers in California,” Yar Chaikovsky and Elizabeth Brann by The Daily Journal
- “Hatch-Waxman Litigation Firm of the Year – Branded,” by LMG Life Sciences
- Highly Recommended practice and “Life Sciences Stars” recognition, Bruce Wexler, Eric Dittmann, Preston Ratliff, Melanie Rupert, Chad Peterman, Naveen Modi, Joseph O’Malley and Gary Giampetruzzi by LMG Life Sciences
- “Post-Grant Firm of the Year,” in IAM Magazine’s Global IP Awards
- Bruce Wexler, Eric Dittmann, and Isaac Ashkenazi named “New York Trailblazers” by the New York Law Journal
- Naveen Modi named by Law360 as an “Intellectual Property MVP”
- Yar Chaikovsky named “Silicon Valley Attorney of the Year” and “California IP Attorney of the Year” in Benchmark Litigation’s shortlisting
Benchmark Litigation provides law firm and lawyer rankings based on extensive interviews with litigators, dispute resolution specialists and their clients, as well as analysis of the market’s most important cases and firm developments.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.