Washington, D.C. – Naveen Modi, global vice-chair of the Paul Hastings Intellectual Property practice, has been named one of Law360’s 2019 Intellectual Property MVPs. Law360 received 900 submissions for the annual MVP awards, with the winners selected on the basis of their “successes in high-stakes litigation, record-breaking deals and complex global matters.” Modi was previously named a Law360 MVP after receiving that distinction in 2015.
Paul Hastings’ Intellectual Property litigators have now been recognized as Law360 MVPs in six consecutive years:
2019: Naveen Modi (Intellectual Property)
2018: Yar Chaikovsky (Appellate)
2017: Yar Chaikovsky (Technology)
2016: Joseph O’Malley (Intellectual Property)
2015: Naveen Modi (Intellectual Property)
2014: Joseph O’Malley (Life Sciences)
Naveen Modi was recognized as an Intellectual Property MVP for racking up nine wins on appeal at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, having successfully represented clients, including Samsung, Google, Walgreen Co. and VirnetX. Law360 noted Modi for convincing the Federal Circuit to uphold PTAB decisions invalidating patents that Walgreen’s was accused of infringing, and securing wins for VirnetX that reversed decisions invalidating claims in two patents.
Paul Hastings Intellectual Property practice regularly receives industry honors, including:
- The firm was named LMG Life Sciences’ IPR Team of the Year.
- The firm was nationally ranked in the 2019 edition of Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars in Patent Contentious, PTAB Litigation, and Life Sciences.
- The firm was ranked Nationwide in IAM Patent 1000 and regarded as one of the most sophisticated patent litigation practices in the United States.
- Naveen Modi was named PTAB Outstanding Litigator of the Year by Managing Intellectual Property.
- The firm was named 2019 Post-Grant Firm of the Year in IAM Magazine’s Global IP Awards.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.