Los Angeles – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, announced that it represented Burba Hotel Network, a global developer and organizer of conferences for the hotel and tourism investment community, in its collaboration with American Hotel & Lodging Association Educational Institute and sale of its hotel investment event portfolio to Northstar Travel Media.
As part of this acquisition, Northstar and AHLA have entered into a long-term partnership agreement to co-produce the ALIS Group of Events in the US. The deal closed on May 8, 2017.
The Paul Hastings team was led by partner Rick Kirkbride, and includes partners Steve Harris, and Tom Wisialowski, and associates Greg Kay and Mark Rutter.
Burba Hotel Network is the producer of nearly a dozen hospitality investment events and conferences in locations around the world. The portfolio of events includes:
- Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) in Los Angeles;
- ALIS Law in Los Angeles;
- ALIS Summer Update;
- Alternative Ownership Conference Asia Pacific (AOCAP) in Singapore;
- Caribbean Hotel & Resort Investment Summit (CHRIS) in Miami;
- Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific (HICAP) in Hong Kong;
- HICAP UPDATE in Singapore;
- Hotel Investment Forum India (HIFI) in Mumbai;
- Hotel Opportunities Latin America (HOLA) conference in Miami; and
- Hotel Investment Conference Europe (Hot.E) in London.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.