Associate, Litigation Department
旧金山电话: 1(415) 856-7003
Ben Seelig is a litigation associate in Paul Hasting's Investigations & White Collar Defense and Fintech & Payments practices based in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Seelig focuses his practice on civil litigation, Fintech regulatory counseling, privacy, cybersecurity, data breach litigation and counseling, white-collar defense, and corporate investigations. Mr. Seelig has represented clients in regulatory inquiries, enforcement actions, and related compliance matters in front of federal and state agencies, including the DOJ, FinCEN, OFAC, NY DFS, and CFPB.
Mr. Seelig also maintains an active pro bono practice focused on immigration issues and has experience with habeas corpus litigation for detained clients, asylum relief, special immigrant juvenile proceedings, Federal Tort Claims Act actions on behalf of families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border, and the impact of state criminal laws on immigration proceedings.
- Northwestern University, J.D., (cum laude), 2019
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., (honors), 2010
- Represented several technology companies in proposed class actions under the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA).
- Successfully represented cryptocurrency finance protocol company in ICANN Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceeding.
- Provided privacy counseling to technology companies on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA); Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA); BIPA and US and international Data Breach Laws.
- Represented pro bono client in habeas corpus proceedings and won release from immigration detention.
- Represented pro bono clients in Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA) proceedings arising from their separation under the government’s family separation policy at the U.S. Mexico border.
- 2019 Law Fellow: Fellowship at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE)