Partner, Corporate Department
Blake Jones is a partner in the London office of Paul Hastings. Blake’s practice focuses on public and private structured finance, securitization, asset backed lending with a particular focus on CLOs and fund leverage facilities. Blake advises originators, managers and arrangers on a range of transactions having recently advised clients such as Fidelity, ICG, Sculptor, PineBridge, Citi, Jefferies, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs and ThinCats.
Blake also has a particular interest in ESG topics influencing the structured finance and private credit markets. Blake has been actively involved in the development of ESG criteria in CLOs and has been a moderator or speaker on panels discussing ESG and CLOs over the last couple of years.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Blake practiced in the equity and debt capital markets group of a "Magic Circle" firm in London and in the corporate finance practice of an international firm in Toronto, Canada.
- University of Western Ontario, JD, 2014 (with Distinction)
- Advised Fidelity on Fidelity Grand Harbor 2021-1, the first ESG positive European CLO
- Advised responsAbility on the issuance of a novel Social Bond permitting investment across multiple UN Sustainable Development Goals .
- Advised ThinCats on its CBILS and RLS accreditation and subsequent structuring of multiple asset-backed facilities.
- Advised several leading CLO managers on ESG and SFDR issues related to CLOs.
- Barrister & Solicitor, Law Society of Ontario