Chris Anderson is an associate in the Corporate, Securities & Capital Markets and Fintech & Payments practices of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's San Diego office. He has represented owners and acquirers of professional sports teams, motion picture studios, production companies and private equity funds in a range of matters related to mergers and acquisitions, team expansions, stadium and practice facility development, leases, capital raises, joint ventures, sponsorship rights, media rights and content licensing.
- UCLA School of Law, J.D. (Order of the Coif), 2017
- San Diego State University, B.S., 2003
- Represented Genius Sports in its acquisition of Second Spectrum, a leading provider of cutting-edge data tracking and visualization solutions.
- Represented The Friedkin Group in its acquisition of a controlling stake of the professional Italian football club AS Roma.
- Represented ViacomCBS in its definitive agreement with beIN Media Group to acquire a 49 percent stake in MIRAMAX.
- Represented LaLiga, the Spanish soccer league, in its joint venture with Relevent Sports to commercialize its media, sponsorship, and licensing rights in North America.
- Represented David Tepper, founder and president of global hedge fund Appaloosa Management, in his successful acquisition of the National Football League’s Carolina Panthers and in his winning bid for a Major League Soccer expansion team, which will be based in Charlotte.
- Advised Endeavor in its acquisition of branding and marketing firm 160over90.
Engagement & Publications
- Presented at UCLA School of Law on Understanding Copyright Chain of Title in Entertainment Transactions
- Advised students in the Sports Law class at the University of Miami School of Law in a month-long mock M&A transaction.
- UCLA School of Law Alumni Mentor.