Chris Brewer is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings based in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. His practice focuses on antitrust and competition law, with an emphasis on complex civil litigation, government investigations, class actions, and cartel defense.
Having represented clients in both federal and state courts, Chris has experience with every stage of litigation, from early investigation and discovery to motion practice and trial preparation. He also has experience with government investigations and has represented corporate and individual clients in matters before the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission. Chris has worked on matters across a broad range of industries including agriculture, consumer products, healthcare, media, retail, technology, and utilities. Clients regularly rely on Chris to provide approachable guidance on issues related to compliance with federal and state antitrust laws. Outside of antitrust matters, Chris also has experience handling cybersecurity investigations and litigation.
Chris previously interned for the Honorable Irene M. Keeley of the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia and was a Lead Online Editor for the Washington and Lee Law Review during law school. He also worked in the Washington and Lee Black Lung Legal Clinic, where he advocated for coal miners and their widows seeking federal black lung benefits in his home state of West Virginia.
- Virginia Trial Lawyer Association Award (2018)
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D. (magna cum laude), 2018
- James Madison University, B.A. (cum laude), 2015
- Represented multiple corporate retailers in antitrust litigation alleging price fixing, conspiracy, and other violations of antitrust laws in the food supply chain.
- Represented healthcare client in antitrust litigation alleging monopolization, exclusive dealing, and other violations of antitrust laws.
- Represented senior executive in DOJ criminal investigation for bid rigging and price fixing.
- Represented international manufacturer of consumer electronics in multi-district and putative class action litigation stemming from data breach.
- Successfully defended major media outlet against multiple defamation claims in federal court.
- Successfully defended regional utility in jury trial of claims alleging breach of contract and violations of consumer billing regulations.
- Defended major retailer in a breach of contract action seeking injunctive relief as well as monetary damages.
Engagement & Publications
- Co-author, A Tale Of Two Cases: Lessons In No-Poach Litigation, Law360, January 6, 2022
- Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- Member, Virginia Bar Association