David Albertini is Of Counsel in the Global Finance department of the Paris office of Paul Hastings.
His practice focuses on leveraged finance, general lending and debt restructuring. He acts for debt funds, banks, sponsors and borrowers on French and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Albertini was a senior associate in the finance and restructuring department of several international law firms in Paris.
- University Paris II Panthéon Assas (Business Law Institute), 2010
- University Paris II Panthéon Assas, Master I, Business Law, 2010
- Advising Astorg on the financing of the acquisition of IQ EQ and several incremental facilities financing subsequent acquisitions*
- Advising Antin Infrastructure Partners on the term loan B refinancing of portfolio company Almaviva*
- Advising CVC on the French aspects of the financing of the acquisition of Ekaterra from Unilever*
- Advising a large pool of lenders on Bourbon’s amend and extend debt restructuring*
- Advising a large pool of lenders on Bourbon’s debt to equity restructuring*
- Advising Avenue, CarVal and Marathon on the debt to equity restructuring of IKKS*
- Advising a debt fund on a golden share issued by the debtor*
- Advising a large corporate on a pan-European factoring program*
- Advising Michelin on the financing of the takeover of Fenner plc*
- Advising Getlink on the French aspects of several financings and bond issues*
- Advising Stock CO2 in relation to a trust (fiducie) holding funds to be invested in projects contributing to the reduction of CO2 emissions.
*Matters handled at previous firms
Engagement & Publications
- Getting the Deal Through (2019 - 2023) – Co-author of a guide on French insolvency proceedings
- Colloque de l'Association Droit et Affaires (2021) – Presentation on French state guaranteed loans
- Member, Paris Bar