David M. Brooks is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. The focus of Mr. Brooks' practice is commercial leasing. He has represented numerous institutional and non-institutional owners, tenants, and developers in a wide range of complex commercial leasing and development transactions.
While Mr. Brooks’ practice is national in scope, he regularly represents clients on some of the most high-profile and significant office leasing transactions that take place in New York City each year. Mr. Brooks is also a certified public accountant and prior to practicing law was a manager in the tax department of Coopers & Lybrand.
- Fordham University Law School, J.D., 1994
- State University of New York Binghamton, B.S., 1985
- DNB Bank, Norway's largest financial services group, in its North American corporate headquarters lease from Related for the entire 68th floor of 30 Hudson Yards in New York City
- LinkedIn in the expansion of its New York City headquarters in the Empire State Building
- Fosun Property Holdings, Property Group Partners and SL Green in their building-wide leasing programs
- Barneys, Citco, Droga5, Etsy, L'Oreal, Norges Bank, Raffaelle Caruso S.p.A. and Security Benefit Corporation, as tenants
Engagement & Publications
- Frequently speaks on complex topics in leasing and has presented at lectures sponsored by the Real Estate Board of New York, Columbia Business School, and most recently on a panel presentation hosted by Paul Hastings entitled "Opportunities in Green Real Estate and Investing"