Duncan Woollard is a partner in the Investment Funds & Private Capital practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. He advises on a wide range of fund related work including in private equity, private debt, real estate, mezzanine, venture, credit, natural resources, infrastructure, funds of funds, distressed and special situations, and activist funds, as well as advising on the structuring of carried interest, co-investment and other incentive schemes, secondary transactions, fund restructurings and spin-outs, and the establishment of new investment management businesses.
His clients include Investindustrial, NorthEdge Capital, Pamplona Capital, LaSalle Investment Management, MML Capital Partners, Xenon Private Equity, Innova Capital, Hutton Collins, Omni Capital, Barings Capital, AMC Group, MVM and Innotech Investments.
- Named a 'Leading Individual' for Private Funds - The Legal 500 UK 2023
- York College of Law, LPC, 1994
- Reading University, LL.M, 1993
- Bristol University, LL.B (Hons), 1992
Recent Fund Formation
- Investindustrial VI;
- The GP-led restructuring of Investindustrial IV LP and the creation of Investindustrial IV Build Up LP;
- NorthEdge Fund III LP;
- NorthEdge SME Fund I LP;
- LaSalle Real Estate Debt Strategies III SCSp;
- LaSalle Residential Finance III LP;
- L2 Health Investments S.C.Sp;
- AMC Capital IV SCSp;
- MVM V LP;
- The restructuring of Hutton Collins Capital Partners II and Hutton Collins Capital Partners III;
- The GP-led restructuring of Innova/5 LP and the formation of Innova/5 Prime LP and Innova/6 SCSp;
- Omni Secured Credit III LP.
- Admitted to practice in England & Wales