Felicia Davis is a partner in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the Firm's Los Angeles office.
Ms. Davis represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including pay equity, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, religious accommodation, and wage and hour issues in both single-plaintiff and class-action matters. She also represents clients in background check litigation under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, government and workplace investigations, labor grievances, and collective bargaining. Ms. Davis’ clients span all industries, with an emphasis in media, entertainment, and technology companies.
In addition to litigation, Ms. Davis regularly helps employers review and revise their employment policies and procedures, including policies on employee background checks, paid sick leave, and wage and hour issues, and provides anti-harassment training to management and executives. She also works with employers to review and analyze their compensation practices for pay equity and legal compliance.
Ms. Davis frequently advises and speaks on the intersection of technology and employment law and is a past Co-Chair of the ABA Labor and Employment Law Committee on Technology in the Practice and Workplace. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the Western Center on Law & Poverty.
- The Legal 500, Next Gen Partner for Labor & Employment Disputes (Including Collective Actions): Defense (2021)
- Chambers USA, Top Labor & Employment Lawyer (2021)
- The Hollywood Reporter, Power Lawyer (2021)
- The Legal 500, Next Gen Lawyer for Labor and Employment Disputes (2018, 2020)
- The Daily Journal, Top Female Lawyers (2019)
- Law 360, Rising Stars (2018)
- The Daily Journal, Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 (2018)
- Ms. Davis received her J.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles (Order of the Coif). In law school, she served as the Submissions Editor for the UCLA Women’s Law Journal and as a writing advisor for the legal skills program. Ms. Davis received her B.A. in Government from Claremont McKenna College, cum laude.
- Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Davis was a distribution manager for a large industrial supply company and served eight seasons as an assistant women’s basketball coach for Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Colleges.
- Won summary judgment against more than 20,000 class members alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Won summary judgment for a large entertainment company in a single-plaintiff case alleging age and medical condition discrimination, breach of contract, and defamation.
- Achieved walk-away dismissal by plaintiff mid-arbitration for a software company after forensics determined that the plaintiff had destroyed evidence and fraudulently altered a key document.
- Won summary judgment for an entertainment client in a single-plaintiff case alleging sexual orientation discrimination and retaliation.
- Won summary judgment for a theme park client in a multi-plaintiff case alleging national origin and disability discrimination, wrongful termination, and violation of collective bargaining agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of NLRB, EEOC, and DFEH charges for a number of clients.
- Achieved walk-away dismissal of individual and class claims for a number of clients.
Engagement & Publications
- "Esports: A Thin Line Between Work and Play," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2021)
- "How to Analyze, Correct, and Defend Fair Pay Claims in Your Organization," 2020 SHRM Annual Conference (2020).
- "Developments in EEO Law," National Employment Law Institute Employment Law Update (2019-2021).
- "The Gig Economy Revolution and its Aftermath," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2019).
- "Blockchain: What Is It and What Are Its Implications for the Workplace?," American Bar Association Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference (2018).
- "Pay Equity and Practical Considerations in Self-Analysis," National Employment Law Institute Employment Law Update (2018).
- "Addressing Religious Discrimination and Accommodation in Today’s Workplace," Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Symposium (2017).
- "Sued to Death: Can the Gig Economy Survive?," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2017).
- "Employee Background Checks: The Top Trends to Avoid Litigation and Protect Your Business," Webinar (2017).
- "The California Fair Pay Act," California Employment Law Council Annual Meeting (2016).
- "Welcome to Your Obsolescence: Artificial Intelligence in the Workplace," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2016).
- "Rise of the Machines," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2015).
- "BYOD and Social Media: The Next Generation," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2014).
- "Online Social Media and Earlier ‘New Technology’ in the Employment Context," co-author, Chapter 11, Workplace Data: Law and Litigation (BNA) (2013).
- "#workplacerant: Regulating Employees’ Social Media Use," Nexus Journal of Law and Policy Symposium (2013).