Associate, Litigation Department
华盛顿电话: 1(202) 551-1980
Howard Herr, Ph.D. is an associate in the Intellectual Property practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He focuses his patent practice on post-grant proceedings and IP litigation involving complex technologies.
Dr. Herr is a former semiconductor device and process integration engineer at Texas Instruments’ R&D branch. He developed various types of semiconductor devices and circuits, including CMOS, BiCMOS, and ESD. During his Ph.D. study, he worked on advanced CMOS devices such as 3D transistors. Contemporaneously, Dr. Herr served as a staff member at Penn State’s nanofabrication lab providing trainings of electron-beam lithography and semiconductor fabrication processes to student users. Dr. Herr has advanced knowledge in photolithography, imprint lithography, e-beam lithography, PVD, CVD, sputtering, etching, film deposition, and advanced semiconductor device physics.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Dr. Herr was a student associate in the Intellectual Property practice of an international law firm.
Mr. Herr is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2015
- Pennsylvania State University, Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, 2008
- Virginia Military Institute, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2003
- Represented clients in various IPRs or district court litigation, including Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Bosch-Akustica, AAC Technologies, and Bosch Rexroth Corp.
- Prepared noninfringement and invalidity opinions involving complex circuits or semiconductor patents.