Janice J. Lee
Associate, Litigation Department
洛杉矶电话: 1(213) 683-6122
Janice Lee is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Ms. Lee’s diversified practice focuses on complex litigation matters, investigations and white collar defense, and advice and counseling relating to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and other international anti-corruption laws.
Ms. Lee represents clients in shareholder derivative actions, securities class actions, and individual investor actions as well as corporate entities and individuals in SEC enforcement actions. Ms. Lee also represents and advises companies and special committees in connection with internal investigations in response to government enforcement agency subpoenas and shareholder demand letters.
Ms. Lee also conducts internal investigations on behalf of senior management, boards of directors, and audit committees with respect to the FCPA, international anti-corruption laws, fraud, and kickbacks. She has led investigations in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Further, Ms. Lee designs and implements comprehensive anti-corruption compliance programs that are tailored to her clients’ risk profile and provides compliance training to senior management, in-house lawyers, sales and marketing personnel, internal auditors, and third parties. Ms. Lee handles due diligence of third party representatives, business partners for joint ventures, third party service providers, and targets in mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Lee conducts risk assessments and advises on anti-corruption audits.
Ms. Lee received her B.A. from the University of California Berkeley in 2005 and her J.D./LL.M from Georgetown University Law Center in 2011. She is admitted to the California state bar.
- Representing a Fortune 50 pharmaceutical and healthcare company in connection with anti-corruption investigations by the DOJ, SEC, UK Serious Fraud Office, and other government authorities involving over three dozen countries across the globe.
- Representing a Fortune 500 engineering, construction and services company in its investigations, negotiations, and settlement with the DOJ and SEC in a complex FCPA matter.
- Advising a Fortune 500 engineering, construction and services company in its adoption and implementation of a comprehensive compliance program, due diligence on its third party relationships, compliance training, and anti-corruption audits.
- Representing sTec, Inc.’s Former Chairman and CEO in insider trading case brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission resulting in a complete judgment in favor of the defendant after a jury trial.
- Representing a special committee for the board of directors of a publicly-traded company in an internal investigation in allegations of executive misconduct and violations of the federal securities laws.
- Representing national real estate development company in an action involving fraud claims brought by multiple parties in multiple lawsuits for the allegedly defective structural design, construction, and development of a mixed-use skyscraper.
- Representing founder and managing partner of a commercial real estate development firm in matters regarding a U.S. Department of Justice investigation relating to bribery of a government official.
- Representing publicly-traded chain of international restaurants in connection with a federal criminal investigation relating to violations of food safety practices.
Engagement & Publications
- Daniel Prince, Thomas P. O’Brien, Janice J. Lee, and Serli Polatoglu, "DOJ and FDA Continue to Feast on Producers of Contaminated Foods," Client Alert from Paul Hastings (Nov. 23, 2016).