Jason Pierce is of counsel in the Financial Restructuring group of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's San Diego office. His practice focuses on representing creditors and strategic investors in in-court and out-of-court restructuring transactions, and in developing and executing distressed investment strategies. Admitted only in New York. Not admitted in California.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2012
- Ryerson University, B.A., 2007
- Represented a Hong Kong-based upstream oil and gas company in connection with its chapter 15 petition for recognition of a Cayman scheme of arrangement in the United States.
- Represented an ad hoc group of lenders to Sandy Creek Energy Associates, L.P., a majority owner of the Sandy Creek Energy Station located near Riesel, Texas, in connection with a successful out-of-court restructuring transaction whereby the lenders exchanged their existing debt for equity and take-back debt.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors formed in the chapter 11 cases of Colorado-based oil and gas upstream company, Extraction Oil & Gas, Inc., and certain of its affiliates.
- Represented an ad hoc group of holders of senior unsecured notes issued by Lonestar Resources America Inc. in negotiating, developing and consummating a comprehensive restructuring implemented through a prepackaged chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented an ad hoc group of cross-holders of first and second lien indebtedness of J.C. Penney Company, Inc. in challenging a proposed post-petition financing facility for the company in bankruptcy.
- Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., in its capacity as administrative agent for a $5.5 billion post-petition financing facility made available to PG&E Corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company during their recent chapter 11 cases.
Engagement & Publications
- Published in Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law and Cornell International Law Journal.