Jon Kubek is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. His practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, joint ventures, and proxy contests. He advises clients across a wide variety of industries, including life sciences, financial services, and hospitality.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Cornell University, B.A., 2008
- Antara Capital in its investments with Arrival and AMC
- Sixth Street and BGH Capital in the acquisition of Pushpay Holdings Limited
- Innoviva Inc. in its acquisition of La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
- Innoviva Inc. in its acquisition of Entasis Therapeutices
- Choice Hotels International in its approximately $675 million acquisition of Radisson Hotel Group Americas
- Resideo Technologies in its $593 million acquisition of First Alert
- Hachette Book Group, a subsidiary of Lagardére SA, in its $240 million acquisition of Workman Publishing
- Insightful Science, a portfolio company of Insight Partners, in its acquisition of Dotmatics, a scientific informatics software and services company
- Galaxy Universal in its acquisition of Sequential Brand's active brand divisions
- Galaxy Universal in its acquisition of Apex Global Brands
- Choice Hotels in its acquisition of extended-stay hotel brand WoodSpring Suites
- CURO Group Holdings Corp., a portfolio company of Friedman Fleischer & Lowe, in its initial public offering
- Allied World in its acquisition by Fairfax Financial for $4.9 billion in cash and stock
- Virtus Investment Partners in its acquisition of RidgeWorth Investments, a multi-boutique asset management firm
- Virtus Investment Partners in an offering of common stock and preferred stock
- Warburg Pincus in its sale of online deal site Slickdeals to Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Hearst
- Warburg Pincus and the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) in the $330 million sale of ACAMS to Becker Professional Education
- Insight Venture Partners in its acquisition of Diligent, a take-private transaction valued at approximately $624 million
- Mueller Industries, Inc. and Atlas Holdings LLC in the acquisition of Tecumseh Products
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in its consumer health care joint venture with The Procter & Gamble Company
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in its €2 billion multi-tranche Eurobond offering
- Insight Venture Partners in its take-private acquisition of E2open
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $2.6 billion acquisition by Endo International plc
- The Pantry in its $1.7 billion sale to Alimentation Couche-Tard
- Level 3 Communications in connection with its acquisition of tw telecom inc.
- Men's Wearhouse in its rejection of the $2.3 billion unsolicited buyout bid from Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. and in its subsequent $1.8 billion acquisition of Jos. A. Bank
- Valtech Cardio in its proposed acquisition by HeartWare International for $875 million
- Aberdeen Asset Management PLC in connection with its acquisition of Artio Global Investors, Inc.
Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.