Joshua M. Zelig is a partner in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. Zelig’s practice is primarily focused on representing leading commercial and investment banks in leveraged finance and asset-based lending transactions, including bank financings and leveraged buyouts, direct lending, bridge lending and loan commitments, and debt and equity offerings. He represented the financing sources in numerous acquisition-related financings, including the acquisitions of Scientific Games’ Lottery Business and DexKo by Brookfield Capital, CoreLogic and Ascensus by Stone Point Capital, Corel Software and Bettcher Industries by KKR, Interior Logic Group, Alight Solutions and Team Health by Blackstone, the acquisition of EMC by Dell, and the purchase of Signode by Crown Holdings.
Mr. Zelig has represented the initial purchasers in several recent debt offerings for Dell Technologies, AMC Entertainment, VMWare, PBF Energy, and HCA. He has also represented the underwriters in the initial public offerings for HCA, Townsquare Media, PBF Logistics, and PBF Energy.
Mr. Zelig has experience practicing in a variety of industries including healthcare, financial services, media and communications, retail and food services, energy, and technology.
Mr. Zelig is recognized as a leading lawyer for Banking & Finance in New York by Chambers USA, where clients note that he is “fantastic” and “just a pleasure to work with and a great practitioner” who is “really productive in his approach and extremely user-friendly” and “well liked and respected in the space.” Mr. Zelig is also recognized as a “Next Generation Partner” for Capital Markets: High-Yield Debt Offerings and is recommended for Commercial Lending by The Legal 500 US. He is recognized as a “Notable Practitioner” for Banking and Capital Markets Debt and Equity by IFLR1000 US. Mr. Zelig was named one of Secured Finance Network’s “40 Under 40” in 2021.
- Chambers USA, New York Banking & Finance (2021-2023)
- The Legal 500 US, Next Generation Partner, Capital Markets: High-Yield Debt Offerings
- The Legal 500 US, Recommended for Commercial Lending
- IFLR1000 US, Notable Practitioner, Banking and Capital Markets Debt and Equity
- Secured Finance Network, “40 Under 40” (2021)
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. (cum laude), 2006
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. (cum laude), 2003
- Represented the financing sources in nearly $50 billion of new debt financing that backed the landmark acquisition of EMC Corporation by Dell Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $67 billion.
- Represented the financing sources in $5.25 billion of debt financing for the acquisition of CoreLogic by funds affiliated with the private equity firm Stone Point Capital.
- Represented the financing sources in approximately $3.8 billion of debt financing for the acquisition of Scientific Games Corporation’s Lottery Business by Brookfield Capital Partners.
- Representation of the initial purchasers in connection with a COVID-era high-yield financing for AMC Entertainment and representation of the dealer manager in connection with a subsequent debt-for-debt exchange.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $2 billion in credit facilities for the acquisition of Signode Industrial Group by Crown Holdings.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $1.265 billion of credit facilities to finance the acquisition of KMG Chemicals, Inc. by Cabot Microelectronics Corporation.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with the financings for the acquisitions or Bowlero Corporation and Arcis Golf by Atairos.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with a $1 billion asset based revolving facility for Commscope, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Arris International.
- Represented lead arrangers in connection with the offering of $500 million aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes used for the acquisition of Aon plc’s technology-enabled benefits & cloud-based human resource services platform by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $3.175 billion in credit facilities for the acquisition of Team Health Holdings, Inc., by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection a $1 billion revolving credit facility and $4 billion of senior notes for VMWare, Inc.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with a $695 million Term B credit facility and $145 million of asset based revolving facilities for The Hillman Group, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Regular representation of private debt funds in connection with leveraged buyouts and private investments.
Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.