Matthew Calvert is a Senior Associate in the Corporate M&A department of Paul Hastings and is based in the London office.
He has a broad international corporate practice advising principally on public and private M&A. His practice covers all stages of the corporate lifecycle including early stage investment, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity capital markets and governance matters.
- King's College London, LLB Law, First class honours, 2013
- BPP Law School London, Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2014
- Schneider Electric on the UK aspects of the sale of its IT infrastructure solutions business to Arkance.*
- ASOS plc on its equity raise comprising a cashbox placing and retail offer conducted through the PrimaryBid platform.*
- Andretti Global on its bid to compete in the FIA Formula One World Championship.*
- Vodafone Group plc on the sale of Vodafone Hungary to a Hungarian listed telecoms and IT group and a sovereign investment management company owned by the State of Hungary for HUF 660 billion (EUR 1.7 billion).*
- Essentra plc on the sale of its packaging business to Mayr-Melnhof, a leading producer of carton board and folding cartons based in Austria, for GBP 312 million.*
- abrdn plc (formerly Standard Life Aberdeen plc) on its acquisition of Interactive Investor, a leading subscription-based investment platform, for GBP 1.49 billion.*
- Prudential plc on its equity raise of up to 5% of its issued share capital on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange through a concurrent public offer in Hong Kong and an international placing to institutional investors.*
- Aviva plc on the sale of Aviva France to French insurer, Aéma Groupe, for EUR 3.2 billion (GBP 2.8 billion).*
- Legal and General Assurance Society Limited, a subsidiary of Legal & General Group plc, on the transfer of its mature savings business to ReAssure Limited under Part VII of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.*
- Sophos Group plc on a recommended cash offer by Surf Buyer Limited, a company formed on behalf of funds managed and/or advised by Thoma Bravo LLC, for an enterprise value of USD 3.9 billion.*
- OneSavings Bank plc, the specialist lending and retail savings group, on its recommended all-share combination with Charter Court Financial Services Group plc.*
- Aviva Ventures, the corporate venture capital fund for Aviva plc, on its Series A equity investment in Neos, a company which combines smart home technology with home insurance in the UK.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Paul Hastings.