Meagan Griffin is an Of Counsel in the Global Fintech & Payments Group at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Atlanta office. Her practice is focused on the representation of bank and non-bank financial institutions, financial services and financial technology companies, digital asset platforms, payment networks, and investment firms on transactional and regulatory issues in all areas related to the provision of payments.
She has advised clients on issues related to global product development, enforcement actions, and regulatory compliance, as well as acquisitions, investments, and commercial arrangements between parties in the global payments space.
She regularly counsels clients on compliance with federal and state law applicable to electronic payments, mobile payments, digital assets (including cryptocurrency, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), in-game currencies, stablecoins, and central bank digital currencies), and prepaid access, including state and federal money transmission laws and licensing regimes, state and federal gift card laws, Regulation E, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
Ms. Griffin received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she served as the Senior Development Editor for the Virginia Law & Business Review. She graduated, with honors, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2007 with a degree in Political Science.
Engagement & Publications
- PH Conversations – “Crypto Earning interest? Recent Regulatory Issues” – August 5, 2021
- PH Conversations – “A Conversation on the President’s Working Group Report on Stablecoins” – November 11, 2021
- Money Transmitter Regulators Association Annual Conference – “The Current Legislative Landscape in Crypto” – September 22, 2022
- North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks Annual Training Forum – “The Current Legislative Landscape in Crypto” – March 15, 2023
- Atlanta Blockchain Center – “Shaping the Future of Crypto” – March 23, 2023
- Money Transmitter Regulators Association Intermediate School for Regulators – “Bankruptcy Considerations for Licensed Money Transmitters” – July 13, 2023
- Association for Women in Cryptocurrency – “DeFi & Regulation” – August 7, 2023
- Money Transmitter Regulators Association Annual Conference – “Bankruptcy Considerations for Licensed Money Transmitters” – September 11, 2023
- Crypto Derivatives On-Chain: One-Day Summit – “Building the Bridge to Tradfi: The Intersection of Traditional Finance and Blockchain” – October 10, 2023