Monica Jang is an associate in the Global Fintech & Payments practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's New York office. Her practice focuses on regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters relating to bank and non-bank financial institutions, including those involving payment, money transmission, the regulation of blockchain and digital assets, and other financial services laws. Ms. Jang assists clients at all stages of the regulatory lifecycle, including obtaining licenses and approvals, building compliance policies and procedures, and managing inquiries and examinations. In addition, Ms. Jang regularly counsels clients on product development and commercialization of product offerings in the payment and digital asset space.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Jang was an associate in the New York office of another global firm. Ms. Jang also held regulatory and compliance roles at a large financial institution and a leading financial technology company.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2015
- Columbia University, B.A. (cum laude), Economics and Mathematics, 2010
- Represented a number of leading digital asset custodians and trading platforms in obtaining and maintaining money transmission licenses, charters, and other regulatory approvals
- Represented a prominent banking institution in the digital asset space on bank regulatory issues
- Represented the financial services divisions of global technology companies in developing blockchain-based payment products
- Represented e-sports and gaming companies in developing blockchain-based in-game currency and payment network